Contributor

Re: What is with all the host /vendor kissing?

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Melania wrote:

Being nice is wrong?

A new low for this place.

@Melania

Be careful, Melania.  I basically asked Why Worry? And it was taken down and labeled "inappropriate."

@Noel7 Inappropriate? WHAT? Give me a break!

On another thread a while back, the OP asked what we disliked about these boards. One complaint I had was some of moderation on these boards (hyper-moderation, inconsistent) and I was scolded by several posters who "interpreted" what I meant as not being allowed to put down other posters. I explained that wasn't at all what I meant, which I am fairly certain several knew anyway. 

Your post would be a perfect example of what I meant. You get an inappropriate for your post, yet putting down nearly everything a host seems to do doesn't seem to. Now I don't have a problem with posters expressing/complaining about what hosts do if they don't like it or find silly/annoying etc.. but many times it is done so in a way that is less than nice and turns into a pile on. 

I just don't see how your innocuous post merits an inappropriate.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Probably depends on the area, state, laws,or whatever.  We know of a nice type of person (male) who simply told a female co-worker that she looked nice today.  Guess what: She complained, and he is no longer with that company.  So, it really depends..............Nothing is across-the-board printed in gold anymore.    

I would bet my house that either you did not hear the whole story or that he is no longer with the company for other reasons or complaints.

No one is fired for merely saying "You look nice today."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  Dennis Basso

Ick! The thought of DB touching me let alone kissing me would creep me out!

Respected Contributor

I consider it a sales tactic.  You watch the hosts and trust them to stear you right in your purchases.  The Huggy/Kissy thing is to convey that " We are all one great big happy family here."   That the Host trusts the vendor by welcoming them with open arms  so you should trust them too and buy their product.  

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden

What I really think is weird,  the vendor having a baby with the foot model........

Honored Contributor

@Miranda1550 wrote:

@SeaMaiden

What I really think is weird,  the vendor having a baby with the foot model........

Make that two babies!

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Same model?

Honored Contributor

SuzyQ3:   The general 'vibe'/rumors going around (by several women at that 'place' (which I won't mention) is that the woman made a big, big deal about a nice compliment......well it's what many of her female co-workers are saying anyway.  Who really knows...........  We all have to be very careful about what we say to co-workers now-a-days.  Compliments seem to be 'out' in many places of work, depending on the area and office, of course.  It only takes one person to complain.  And touching of any kind (arm patted lightly on the back shoulder, etc.) is often/sometimes a no-no. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Miranda1550 wrote:

@SeaMaiden

Same model?

@Miranda1550  YUP!