Respected Contributor

Re: What is the worse thing you have ever smelled

The inside of an outhouse.   Not the newer portapotties, but the old-fashioned wooden outhouses, with a seat built over a  deep hole in the ground.   OMGosh, so bad you had to try to hold your breath, and get back out ASAP.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Super Contributor

@lolakimono I read the spoiler and just thinking of the smells make my eyes water.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KingstonsMom.  That's it!  I think we were told it was a paper mill.  Who knew paper SMELLED so bad?

Paper mills smell just awful!  There used to be a pulp paper mill (it may still be there, but I don't recall it smelling anymore in that area when I moved from WA in 2006) near the port in Tacoma, WA & I remember driving on I-5 thru Tacoma when I moved from CA to WA in 1977 & it stunk so bad!  I was like "WTH is that?" They used to refer to it as "The Aroma Of Tacoma"!

@aubnwa01   Paper mills smell like money.  Woman Wink

@Nonametoday   Maybe, the pulp mills smell like money to the folks that own/run them & the workers who earn their livelihood there, but to the rest of us.........not so much!  lol

Honored Contributor

'Oh, wait'!!

I'll add the mixed fragrance odors in M*cy's sample inserts in most of their ad circulars in Sunday newspapers........

The mix of scents (including men's fragrances) smell very close to old fashioned fly spray.

Funny that I see some of my neighbors walking, (gingerly holding those inserts with two fingers),  to their trash containers, dumping them into the trash, lol.

Good way to keep nocturnal critters away, btw.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

decomposing flesh, hot tar, and eucalyptus, and some kind of fruit sold in Thailand that stinks horribly.

Respected Contributor

The smell of the steel mills in Pittsburgh when we drove past them to get to the downtown area.

It made me physically ill. Smiley Sad

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

During the years working at NIH in the Clinical Center, there were labs on non-patient floors and they transmitted materials down the main hall. Periodically there was a spill that needed cleaning and usually it was a putrid sulfurous odor that was gag worthy!

Respected Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

@kivah ,

I lived in Brooklyn Heights when I was very little.

I remember a gorilla at one of the zoos would throw his "poo" at us. My father explained that the gorilla was so unhappy at being in a cage that that was all he could do. I will never forget that animals face.

@hennypenny  Your post reminded me of something my sister experienced years ago.  When she and her husband lived in NYC, she being an artist would visit the Zoo to sketch the animals.  She loved the cats but one day while sketching the lion, he peed through the bars and she got his overflow.  She had to use the subway to get home and totally embarrassed at her condition! Said she smelled putrid and had to throw her clothes away! 

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@gramgrandkids1 

I don't think I can limit it to just one, lol.  I'm going to put them in a spoiler.  Read at your own risk. 

@lolakimono  You win.  🏆 😄

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

@tends2dogs , curious have you smelled cannabis-marijuana? Smells just like skunk.

-----   
I'm very concerned, about what you were smoking😂

Marijuana smells nothing like skunk!