Trusted Contributor

Re: What is the worse thing you have ever smelled

On the topic of performs / scents that smell awful - 

I don't know if Estee Lauder still makes it, but their Youth Dew perfume was the most disgusting thing I ever smelled in the cosmetics department.

Image result for bad smell emoji

Valued Contributor

@hennypenny 

To me it doesn't, LOL!

me either hennypenny Smiley Very Happy

No thought is worth thinking.....
Super Contributor

@PilatesLover  Youth Dew was first fragrance EL made and is still being sold. Not only fragrance they have soap, powder, oil and deodorant in Youth Dew.  Younger women buy it, I used to think only older women liked it, but not so. I agree it is bad.  Beautiful is their #1 seller.

Respected Contributor

@gramgrandkids1 . Oh my G---!!! I remember that smell.

We used to know an older woman who wore it. She would just add more perfume instead of washing.

When she came to visit we would always sit on the patio. It was terrible.

She had been a school principal and the staff room was unbearable.

I can almost feel the fumes-----

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Rotten broccoli that my daughter left in her bookbag for days...awful !

Esteemed Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Any seafood. Absolutely hate the smell of it. Would never eat any of

it. I always have candles ready to burn when any of my family wants

it. 

@threecees 

Never, ever go Seattle and stay in one of the high end hotels near the Fish Market near the water. 

Went to a convention there and stayed in one of those hotels.  Roomed with a friend.  Had breakfast one morning and had time before things got underway, so we decided to take a walk.  Found ourselves in the darn Fish Market.  Took one smell and I almost puked.  I literally had to run!  I could have done it later in the day, but not in the morning.

I mean...I'm from San Francisco and have been to Fisherman's Wharf many, many times without issue. But this Seattle Fish Market was too much, as the men were filleting fish right and left.  The odor was nasty for 9:00 a.m..

Contributor

The worst thing I have ever smelled is Valerian root which by the way is great for insomnia and anxiety....so one day I am on the subway going to work and I started to smell  this really really nasty, pungent ,putrid odor and I kept looking around trying to figure out whose rain boots and probably dirty wet  socks would stink like that, getting annoyed that so early in the morning I had to be brave to keep riding the train for another 30 minutes with that smell surrounding me , I then opened my purse to get my phone and saw the offender, I realized I had forgotten to put away a little bag of Valerian root that my co-worker had given me the day before to help me sleep better!!!