Trusted Contributor

Re: What is the worse thing you have ever smelled

[ Edited ]

There are several. Death and decomposing humans or animals, skunks, pigs (even clean ones), unneutered male cats, romano cheese & poopy diapers (the vomit factor), sauerkraut and Indian food.

Edited to add: I almost forgot: like several other posters have said: marijuana. It smells like burning krap.

Trusted Contributor

It's between two things.

Dead mouse that died under a shelf in a store that I worked in after they put down mouse killer.

The backroom of a grocery store. I used to have a job where a few of my accounts inclued grocery stores. Ugh the smell anywhere near where they throw out food and milk. Gross. Plus the idea of milk grosses me out to no end so spoiled milk smell mixed with other spoiled products. Just no!

Super Contributor

@Naturesbeauty when that SKUNK woke me all I could think was I wonder what could smell worse?! 

Honored Contributor

Ugh!  This is so gross!!!

I'll add to the heap, people with rotting teeth or cavities.  Gag!

Esteemed Contributor

That dark...slimy.... diahrea dogs get when they have an upset stomach

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with skunk spray; hard to get that smell out of your nose!

I absolutely HATE the smell of cat urine.   

Growing up on a farm I know ***t stinks.  Grandma taught me to stop coaxing my favorite little brown hen on the porch, by making me clean chicken ***t off the porch and sidewalk with a scrub brush and soapy water.  I know a little bit about ***t; shoveled and spread a bit of chicken, cow and pig.  Have also smelled lots of animal farts, but that’s not rated even close to the worst thing I’ve ever smelled.   

One of the worst to me, is a ruptured human abscess, followed by terminal cancer that has eaten thru the skin.   I’ve lost 2 uncles, an aunt, a best friend and a dog where cancer ate thru, before they died.  That smell is never forgotten.   

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess 

@RainCityWoman 

As a retired teacher I can also relate to smelly kids after recess or PE. The smell just outside the boy’s bathroom is pretty bad too. 

At home the worst smell was sewage backup in our basement and the subsequent task of disposing of everything that got covered with it. 😱

Trusted Contributor

Twice a year my mother would make saurbrauten (sp) because my father loved it.  I could smell it as soon as I walked in the door after school.  It was the only dinner my brother and I were not expected to eat, thank goodness.  The other disgusting smell is limburger (sp. again) cheese.  Only my mother would eat that and she did so in a room all alone lol.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was finding it hard to intermittent fast after 7 pm. Not anymore. When I'm hungry I'll just resurrect this thread. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Mendacity

and politicians.  They kind of go together.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~