Honored Contributor

Re: What is the worse thing you have ever smelled

durian....hands down until you adjust to the smell.

Super Contributor

I worked in hospitals for around 15 years. One of my jobs was in the basement, along with the morgue, and other departments. Every time they performed autopsies, they cranked up the air, in the morgue, forcing it out into the halls to other departments. Once you have smelled dead bodies, nothing else compares!!! You can't describe it, reproduce it, and never forget it! Nothing smells this bad!!!

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Plenty of things smell awful, but the thing that makes me literally gag and think I may vomit is changing a poop diaper.  Not all the time, but there have been some doozies!

@VanSleepy  When my BIL’s kids were small thirty years ago, if he had to change the poop diaper, he wore a gas mask. He said he had to.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  LOL.  I always have a bag handy to put the diaper in, but I swear I think I'll be using that bag first sometimes!

Respected Contributor

@gramgrandkids1 "What on earth gave you the idea to start a thread like this? It was a "GAGGING" experience! 😱😂

Respected Contributor

A well-dead person beats vomitus, feces, and bad food, hands down. Even the old cop trick of burning coffee grounds won't touch it.

Valued Contributor

A freshly manured field with a dead skunk on the road running right beside

Trusted Contributor

Death

We had to go to my husband's cousin's apartment where he died last week.  He had been dead for a month.  We put on masks and went in.  The smell was terrible being it was a small apartment.  It permeated everything he had in there.  We brought back some things to our home but immediately found out that the smell was in the things we brought back and we had to pitch them.

I think each person smells deferently when their body decays.  In this case it wasn't overwhellming awful  but it still wasn't nice.  Now I know what death smells like.

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

"What's that smell in this room?  Didn't you notice it, Brick?  Didn't you notice a powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity in this room?... There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity...  You can smell it.  It smells like death." - The character of "Big Daddy" in Tennessee Williams' Cat on a Hot Tin Roof  

@deepwaterdotter- one of my very favorite Tennessee Williams quotes. Mendacity!!!

I watched the movie about a month ago, and now I feel like watching it again. It's on youtube if anyone is interested.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Highlighted
Contributor

My coworker's lunch!