Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: What is the worse thing you have ever smelled

@Mombo1 my mom cooked liver (calf and chicken).  My dad really loved eating it.  I grew up eating liver and love it.  You either love or hate it - no in-between.  It does have a smell of it's own lol!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have not read all the replies, but I bet no one else said brewing COFFEE.

I equate that on par with the Skunk smell.  

Needless to say, I don't drink it, LOL.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

It's funny you would bring this up today.  When I walked out to my detached garage this morning, there was the di"stinct" odor of skunk in the air!  After I started driving I saw it in the road about a quarter mile away.......ick!!!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definitely skunk.

Years ago there was a chicken farm behind my house (it is now a housing development). When the wind would blow South the smell was bad.

Once when my Dad was alive, he had to go to a nursing home for physical rehab post surgery. The home was laid out like a "V" with the reception area in the middle and one wing for rehab and the other for permanent residents. On his second day, there was an "outbreak" of CDiff in the resident wing and, God bless those poor people, the smell was horrible. You could smell it in the lobby.  I had my Dad transferred to a different rehab facility that same day.  

Honored Contributor

Have you ever smelled a small child's sweaty head in the summer,  ewwww nasty!!!!

Respected Contributor

Definitely skunk spray!

Honored Contributor

About 13 years ago, our dog tried to grab a skunk going up a tree!  Have you EVER seen a white dog washed in tomato juice???  He was accustomed to sleeping in our bedroom too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Paper mills, dead animals, skunks, rotting potatoes and humans who need a shower.

....forgot to mention dead chickens who were dipped in hot water or wax before their feathers are removed.  Gross!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Have you ever smelled a small child's sweaty head in the summer,  ewwww nasty!!!!

Being a hair dresser, I know that adults smell like that too.  When you spray warm water on their hair at the shampoo bowl you have to back up and hold your breath.

Respected Contributor

Plenty of things smell awful, but the thing that makes me literally gag and think I may vomit is changing a poop diaper.  Not all the time, but there have been some doozies!