Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is the worse thing you have ever smelled

@lovesrecess wrote:

Sweaty jr high school boys who come to your class right after football or basketball practice...they never figured out the showers were there for a reason. They would splash Axe cologne all over themselves instead.

As I teacher, I can relate to that since most of them refused to take showers at school. However, those same boys having farting contests in class was more than I could take. And none of them would admit who did it.

Respected Contributor

You have all described horrible odors. The dog stories made me sick just reading! Years ago I had to drive by a huge feedlot near Billings, MN. The stench and ammonia was so powerful that my eyes started watering at least a mile away. Brought along a hankie doused with perfume to hold to my nose. That was never enough but it helped. 

A relative had several elderly cats that peed everywhere in his house for several years. It was horrific.

Trusted Contributor

@gramgrandkids1 

My mom used to cook liver for my dad.  It actually made me sick.  I also can't stand the smell of salmon cooking on a grill.  🤭

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Couldn't pinpoint one.  Rotting uncooked meat, decomposing human and animal bodies, underarm sweat, flatulance, skunk, formaldehyde, Athlete's Foot (Tinea Pedis).

Respected Contributor

The worst smell for me was when the maintenance man at work fell in the septic tank.It was dark out and it was being cleaned out and he was walking and did not see the hole.The sides were so slimey he couldn't get a hold of them.finally got him out with a ladder.Oh talk about STINK,it was worse than just poop.

,.hard to describe.

Esteemed Contributor

When I got my first dog, I hadn't realized she expressed her ana| glands while sitting on my lap. I didn't even know that those glands existed. My husband and I went to the movies and I smelled skunk. After a few minutes, I realized I was the one who stunk like a skunk. I sat through the movie and was nauseated. I likely nauseated others in the theatre. When I got home, I found out all about canine derrières. I took the dog to the vet a couple of weeks later and one of the technicians offered to save me some money by showing how to empty those glands. I told her there is no amount of money on earth that would get me to do that. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

This is gross, i had a dog that craved poop, REALLY, she would eat it before i could clean the dogs poop up,come into the house a few times,and throw up!!!!!!!!!!!

@goldensrbest  My relatives dog does that. Goes out,poops and proceeds to eat. Will not stop no matter how much you yell.

At the time,i had 4 dogs,  i tried everything to stop her from eating it, i one time got hot sauce,put about one fourth of bottle on it ,walked away to watch ,she ate it, she was so pretty,a choc, lab,tall ,slender, but i barley stood her,because of that habit.She was my husbands dog.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Pâté de foie gras.

I was always curious about the taste. I like liver, so thought I would like that too.  But it smelled like old, rotted garbage and I just couldn't even stand to bite off a small piece.

So I still have no idea what pâté de foie gras tastes like.

Honored Contributor

My dog's farts. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

@tends2dogs , curious have you smelled cannabis-marijuana? Smells just like skunk.

Really ??? Woman LOLWoman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!