Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: What is the worse thing you have ever smelled

@QualityGal did I smell it?????? I smelled  long after he/she/whole family had passed by!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

the smell of browning hamburger......have to open a window and put exhaust fan on....

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

There was a dead deer at the edge of our property (wooded) that was rotting in the July heat.  It was the worst smell ever.  We called the game warden and he came to pick it up.  He put it in the TRUNK OF HIS CAR!!!!! 

I cannot smell skunk so I don't know what it smells like.  Whenever my DH smells it, I ask him to describe it.  He just says "putrid". LOL

Someone mentioned moth balls.  A person shouldn't smell these for a long time.  They contain benzene (so does gasoline).  It can alter your bone marrow.  

"I've got an old church choir singing in my soul. There ain't nothing gonna steal my joy."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Question was asked- death

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@vermint  when I got up and the sun came up I went outside to see if the skunk was dead someplace in the yard all the time being careful to make sure I could get back to the house in case he was laying in wait to ambush me! If only I could have been so lucky to know he was dead.  He was gone but not forgotten!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I once opened a package of chicken that had gone bad.    I didn't buy chicken for YEARS after that............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"What's that smell in this room?  Didn't you notice it, Brick?  Didn't you notice a powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity in this room?... There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity...  You can smell it.  It smells like death." - The character of "Big Daddy" in Tennessee Williams' Cat on a Hot Tin Roof  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Anything dead and rotting of course....but also .....

Homes  that smell like old fried food....smelly homes. Most people do not realize that their homes stink🤮

Highlighted
Contributor

Our city dump- do not see how the employees can even work out there the stench is sooo bad!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Patchooli, a dead rat in the wall, Romano cheese, and a  teen age boys room. Oh, I forgot, once a potato fell out of the bag and rotted in the cupboard. It was not good.