Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is the significance of "Valued Contributor?"

Thanks, you two. I just thought it was funny that on the first day and with my first post i awas ranked a valued contributor. Now I'm just occasional, though I have to admit that with this new board I don't post as much.  I haven't figured most of it out, yet.

Esteemed Contributor

I started out as a valued poster but I probably am not anymore.  I haven't been here more twice since the new change...too confusing and I just don't have the patience to figure this whole thing out.  I thought I would miss the community forums but am finding out I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.  I am glad to see that a lot of people are getting the hang of it...happy posting to all.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

I value your posts RCG!

👍👍👍

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Lindsay's Grandma do what most of us did and ask questions
and maybe read posts in the Suggestion Box and you'll get
the hang of it.

☺️

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the heart function and the signature's blocked. No need to clog the board up more. Many of us have lost most of our post counts, if that's what they are basing "contributer label"  off of. Everyone should have started at zero.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

You mean we don't get a tiara? Smiley Surprised

I'd prefer a 20% discount on the item of my choice!

Contributor

I like that idea a lot!
Contributor

20% would be great!
Honored Contributor

All these titles, popularity? hearts? 

I want to know if Super Contributor gets me anywhere on the resume.

I know my cat doesn't care - and what she thinks matters a lot to me. I was holding a can of tuna at the time, is she lying? Should I try harder to be a valued contributor?

Oh these decisions. Hmmm there is Superman - he isn't called Valuedman.

I guess I will take any title if they just made this board easier to use with better emotie

Cat Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just noiced the "Valued Contributor" designation today. The designations don't add anything to the discussions, but I'm sure it's not about that. Some may view them as a popularity contest, but it's really all about business. I think the "higher" designations are just meant as a pat on the back for the contributor, more than for anyone else's benefit. It makes people feel valued or special, and that's the main point. If you feel valued, you keep bringing your business back. That's what it's really about--continuing and growing business. The designations also serve as an incentive to keep posting, to "rise through the ranks," if you will, which brings people back to the Q more frequently so they may purchase more.

As far as post count goes, it doesn't matter to me how much posting I've done, but for some, it's indicative of how long they've been involved, and it means something to them. To have that  (and the date they joined) reset was upsetting.

Lastly, I like the idea behind the hearts, but I'm not crazy about it being a heart--a thumbs up, or high five, or happy face would have been better, in my opinion, to say "I agree" or "thanks!" A heart has a different connotation to me, but, I digress Smiley Happy. I do think it's a nice touch, though.