Honored Contributor

Re: What is the problem with new posters?

@Shanus wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Does anyone besides me feel this thread is going in circles and has run its course, made the point and is now getting more than repetitive? Maybe it's time to move on.

@Shanus  Well there are still a few items of interest going on. LIke your responding to my posts --- again.  And the fact that some of my posts seem to be "news" to you, which is indeed surprising to me.  Smiley Happy

....and your responses to mine, as well.

@Shanus  Ah but there is a big difference.  I never posted I was going to ignore you and you've posted that several times about me.  To no avail.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Does anyone besides me feel this thread is going in circles and has run its course, made the point and is now getting more than repetitive? Maybe it's time to move on.

@Shanus  Well there are still a few items of interest going on. LIke your responding to my posts --- again.  And the fact that some of my posts seem to be "news" to you, which is indeed surprising to me.  Smiley Happy

@Shanus  Ah but there is a big difference.  I never posted I was going to ignore you and you've posted that several times about me.  To no avail.

@Pearlee  Insulting comments and snarky remarks will not be tolerated by me or anyone else. Your general comments usually are just ignored. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Pearlee  Insulting comments and snarky remarks will not be tolerated by me or anyone else. Your general comments usually are just ignored. 

@Shanus  Well I guess that explains your earlier post about frequent reports to the Mods.  Smiley Happy But doesn't explain why you keep saying you'll ingore my posts and then you don't.  I like to keep my word on things.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus  Well I guess that explains your earlier post about frequent reports to the Mods.  Smiley Happy But doesn't explain why you keep saying you'll ingore my posts and then you don't.  I like to keep my word on things.

I also try to keep my word especially where you are concerned. Maybe if you cease to address me, I can more easily ignore you. Are you willing to let this go or waiting for a reply in blood that I will never reply to your posts again?

Respected Contributor

I must say, in a thread about new posters and people who post infrequently, it's amusing to see a snit play out between a legacy poster with over 18,000 posts and one approaching the 5K mark.

I find it telling that no one's posted links to any threads in which the transgressions cited are taking place or give substantive examples, which could be done without triggering the "calling another poster out" infringement. So it's just subjective impressions, ruminations, straw man stuff.

In the grand scheme of things, this is really nonconsequential. The moderators here run a pretty clean ship, even if they let wholesale copyright infringement slide, and seem to take care of most real issues.

Honored Contributor

^  This. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I must say, in a thread about new posters and people who post infrequently, it's amusing to see a snit play out between a legacy poster with over 18,000 posts and one approaching the 5K mark.

I find it telling that no one's posted links to any threads in which the transgressions cited are taking place or give substantive examples, which could be done without triggering the "calling another poster out" infringement. So it's just subjective impressions, ruminations, straw man stuff.

In the grand scheme of things, this is really nonconsequential. The moderators here run a pretty clean ship, even if they let wholesale copyright infringement slide, and seem to take care of most real issues.

@noodleann, there would be no point in posting links or mentioning specifics - they would be deleted immediately. They would be a clear and obvious violation of forum rules on several counts.

Anyone who has been on these forums awhile knows who "those" posters are - the ones who feel they have the freedom to take all grudges from any thread to any thread, who make random pot-shot insults against a poster having nothing to do with a topic, all the while claiming that it's they who are picked on and abused. It's like slapping someone and then whining and wailing that the person they hit's face broke their hand - bad, bad person. Seriously? Well, they try.

There are some posters who, while decrying being treated badly out of one side of their mouth, are whispering "gimme, gimme" to the crowd, hoping for more abuse to "prove their point."

With most posters, those who one person has issues with, another doesn't. Or a group of posters don't get along with another group, but the groups always vary. But with some posters, everyone has the same reaction.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And then there are those very self-righteous posters who commit most of the offenses that they accuse others of doing.

You know, the ones who should just go and open up there own boards because nobody is posting correctly.   Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@noodleann, there would be no point in posting links or mentioning specifics - they would be deleted immediately. They would be a clear and obvious violation of forum rules on several counts.

Anyone who has been on these forums awhile knows who "those" posters are - the ones who feel they have the freedom to take all grudges from any thread to any thread, who make random pot-shot insults against a poster having nothing to do with a topic, all the while claiming that it's they who are picked on and abused. It's like slapping someone and then whining and wailing that the person they hit's face broke their hand - bad, bad person. Seriously? Well, they try.

There are some posters who, while decrying being treated badly out of one side of their mouth, are whispering "gimme, gimme" to the crowd, hoping for more abuse to "prove their point."

With most posters, those who one person has issues with, another doesn't. Or a group of posters don't get along with another group, but the groups always vary. But with some posters, everyone has the same reaction.

huh.jpg

Honored Contributor

FTLOG  All this analysis seems to be lacking a good mirror.

Just sayin'.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh