Super Contributor

Re: What is the problem with new posters?

@Shanus wrote:

I've had more issues/problems with existing posters than all the new ones combined. 

There are several here that hide behind the bushes just waiting to attack...either by subject or because of who is posting. 

I find it disheartening that anyone sits and waits to post snarky remarks, digs, personal affronts, and start arguments. Sometimes they are poofed, but more often they slip by to offend another day.

@Shanus  -  I completely agree with your comment,  because of certain posters that will comment on bad grammar, or mock a poster if they make errors in spelling.

I lurked for several years until I stuck my toe in the water.

Respected Contributor

@Dash ,,, I've also noticed the rudeness toward new posters. If a poster is truly a new poster, then they would not know whatever happened to so and so. The problem is that some posters have an alias and do ask questions that they know will annoy some of the regular posters...or they use the alias to provide their own "defense" when they need it.

I think new posters should be welcomed with open arms. Some people complain that the boards are slow and that posters are disappearing. Maybe so, but, we don't need to run then off. If you don't like a question someone asks, ignore it.

I personally think that only one account should be allowed per QVC member. By "account," I mean  the actual account that they use for purchases. I believe some people probably have one board account for their laptop, one for the cell phone, Ipad, etc. I'm not positive, but I believe this is possible. I do city-data.com boards now and then. Only one account is allowed per IP address.

I've been on here since back when the "scubbing bubbles" gang were on the boards in the late nineties or early 2000's. I don't have that many posts because I have changed my nic a few times and lost my count somewhere along the way. That isn't all that important to me though. To me the boards are just a fun, anonymous way to get or give advice.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

@Dash wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Dash  Hi - are you reading negative posts about posters on this forum or in others?

It's been a complete turnaround here with the strict mods so I don't see too much picking at posters anymore.

Just join in-it's much more tame than it used to be but there are nice people here.

You just have to roll with it somethimes.

Nothing has been directed at me specifically. What I've seen are various comments throughout the QVC board complaining about there being so many new posters recently.  I've noticed these the last few days.  I've seen these comments on some of the topics I've posted on.  I post very infrequently and thought these concerns were addressed to new and infrequent posters like me. Based on the responses to my OP I understand now that the concerns are directed at certain posters who are trying to cause trouble and not all new and infrequent posters. 

I don't understand @Dash.  In the above post, you say nothing has been directed toward you specifically, yet in the OP you state that you think you are a target.  I've read most (if not all) of the recent posts about "new posters" and they make it clear that the concern is about those with multiple usernames...those who set up an account to create drama.  

I don't understand why you would start this thread claiming to have a target on your back (like you're trying to create some drama, I might add) since the conclusion you just made (concerns are not directed to all new and frequent posters) should have been quite obvious from reading those other threads on the subject.

Respected Contributor

I agree with the problem of  posters using multiple names.

It would be nice if they would go  back to letting you block or ignore users.

I also don't get why some posters like to post gifs.  They make me think they are 80 years old and just found out how to use the computer.

Honored Contributor

2 posters are dealing with health issues and do not want to have to answer questions about where they have been, so I understand if they use a different nic.

It's easier to just say they have been busy if they don't want to be questioned. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hellodali wrote:

Personally I think it is great to have new posters.  They bring some new ideas to the forum.  Another good thing is it shows the forum is still useful and hopefully QVC will keep it around for a long time. 

Welcome anyone new or anyone who doesn't post often.  Please don't be strangers.

@hellodali  I don't think anyone has a problem with legitimate new posters.   It's the ones who are "reincarnations" of other posters or who are just trolls coming to make trouble that people have a problem with.

Frequent Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Dash wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Dash  Hi - are you reading negative posts about posters on this forum or in others?

It's been a complete turnaround here with the strict mods so I don't see too much picking at posters anymore.

Just join in-it's much more tame than it used to be but there are nice people here.

You just have to roll with it somethimes.

Nothing has been directed at me specifically. What I've seen are various comments throughout the QVC board complaining about there being so many new posters recently.  I've noticed these the last few days.  I've seen these comments on some of the topics I've posted on.  I post very infrequently and thought these concerns were addressed to new and infrequent posters like me. Based on the responses to my OP I understand now that the concerns are directed at certain posters who are trying to cause trouble and not all new and infrequent posters. 

I don't understand @Dash.  In the above post, you say nothing has been directed toward you specifically, yet in the OP you state that you think you are a target.  I've read most (if not all) of the recent posts about "new posters" and they make it clear that the concern is about those with multiple usernames...those who set up an account to create drama.  

I don't understand why you would start this thread claiming to have a target on your back (like you're trying to create some drama, I might add) since the conclusion you just made (concerns are not directed to all new and frequent posters) should have been quite obvious from reading those other threads on the subject.

No drama. Honest question.  I just wanted the understand the issue.  I have not read all of the posts on this and did not know why people were complaining about new posters and people who don't post much.  I don't post much, so I thought maybe these comments were directed at me  and posters like me. I never said I had a target on my back and did not mean to suggest that.  I now understand that the concerns about new posters are not directed at all new and infrequent posters. Sorry if I did not make that clear. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Yardlie wrote:

@Dash ,,, I've also noticed the rudeness toward new posters. If a poster is truly a new poster, then they would not know whatever happened to so and so. The problem is that some posters have an alias and do ask questions that they know will annoy some of the regular posters...or they use the alias to provide their own "defense" when they need it.

I think new posters should be welcomed with open arms. Some people complain that the boards are slow and that posters are disappearing. Maybe so, but, we don't need to run then off. If you don't like a question someone asks, ignore it.

I personally think that only one account should be allowed per QVC member. By "account," I mean  the actual account that they use for purchases. I believe some people probably have one board account for their laptop, one for the cell phone, Ipad, etc. I'm not positive, but I believe this is possible. I do city-data.com boards now and then. Only one account is allowed per IP address.

I've been on here since back when the "scubbing bubbles" gang were on the boards in the late nineties or early 2000's. I don't have that many posts because I have changed my nic a few times and lost my count somewhere along the way. That isn't all that important to me though. To me the boards are just a fun, anonymous way to get or give advice.

Only one account is allowed for purchases. I've signed in, typing in 1 wrong letter in password, and message comes up that account already exists w/ that email address. So at least they track it by email. My hubby has his own acct., password, his email address & his charge info for ladders, tools & other manly purchases. 

Frequent Contributor

Thank to all who have responded and for the clarification.  As an infrequent poster I did not recognize the concern about posters who create new nics to agitate nor am I able to recognize who they might be.  I understand now that there is not just a general dislike for all new and infrequent posters. 

Valued Contributor

You have to realize that some of the people who dominate this site are without feelings or a life  You will see  people whe comment on a hosts physcal  parts and personalities They will comment on how they talk etc  They are bullies and have no lives   How they can hurt some poor host that are working hard and trying to do the best they can just baffles my mind