Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is the problem with new posters?

@febe1 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I haven't read any complaints about new posters.  Actually, I've read several comments about how new posters are welcome.

The issue is with people who set up multiple usernames.  

Same here.

Same here. It's an influx of new nics. Really strange are the ones registered in 2010 with 1 post. I've never seen so many new posters all at one time. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. 

@febe1

That's what I am getting at.

It IS unusual, and that's why my antenna is up, because it IS so unusable.

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I haven't read any complaints about new posters.  Actually, I've read several comments about how new posters are welcome.

Same here.

Same here. It's an influx of new nics. Really strange are the ones registered in 2010 with 1 post. I've never seen so many new posters all at one time. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. 

@febe1

Well, you're right, @Plaid Pants2. And how do new posters know to go to Q Talk to make all their complaints? And such strong complaints for new posters. And against the Q, with lots of new nics agreeing with each other. I've never seen so many new posters complain and agree and support each other.

You have a good antenna, @Plaid Pants2.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Accusations based on sign-up dates and # of posts can be unfair.

My original sign-up date is actually 2007 with this nic.   However my current sign-up date shows 2015.

There were some really funky things that have happened with board changes.

Banned posters were allowed back in with this new update.

The update in 2007 was a real mess and after only being here 1 month I had to set up a Cakers1 nic.

So perhaps some posters had problems with orginal nics, set up new ones, then were able to go back to their old ones.

There are some old-timers here with new nics and I know two of them.

I don't pay attention anymore to sign-up dates and number of posts.  It only causes more pot-stirring and bad feelings.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Frequent Contributor

@Marp wrote:

I don't have a problem with new members posting but I am suspicious of "new" posters with a sign up date from 2010 (the default date after the board change) and their first post is in 2017, and that post is a much repeated complaint about Q, a really out there complaint or a divisive post on a hot topic.

Thank you for the explanation. I get the problem now.  That did not adult to me.  I don't know all the history. Some of us are innocent and just want to chat a bit.

Frequent Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

Same here.

@febe1

Thanks.  Now that you've explained. I see that the concern does not apply to all new posters. 

Honored Contributor

@Dash  Hi - are you reading negative posts about posters on this forum or in others?

It's been a complete turnaround here with the strict mods so I don't see too much picking at posters anymore.

Just join in-it's much more tame than it used to be but there are nice people here.

You just have to roll with it somethimes.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Yes this board generally seems to be suspicious of new posters especially if there is a topic that seems controversial. I personally don't care either way. If I am so suspicious of a new poster and don't believe them or I feel something is off, I always have the option of not responding to their posts. I give people the benefit of the doubt until I have a reason not to. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Frequent Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Dash  Hi - are you reading negative posts about posters on this forum or in others?

It's been a complete turnaround here with the strict mods so I don't see too much picking at posters anymore.

Just join in-it's much more tame than it used to be but there are nice people here.

You just have to roll with it somethimes.

Nothing has been directed at me specifically. What I've seen are various comments throughout the QVC board complaining about there being so many new posters recently.  I've noticed these the last few days.  I've seen these comments on some of the topics I've posted on.  I post very infrequently and thought these concerns were addressed to new and infrequent posters like me. Based on the responses to my OP I understand now that the concerns are directed at certain posters who are trying to cause trouble and not all new and infrequent posters. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry you've had to deal with suspicious posters, @Dash.  

I don't know why people are so preoccupied with questioning the motives of new posters and "outing" suspects.  It just adds to the drama here.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Some new posters arent new posters.  Lol