QVC Customer Care

Re: What is the point of pulling up old threads

FYI The MODS generally do not consider a thread that is less than one year old to be bumped. A poster can continue to post on the recent threads.

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

It completely depends on the subject of the old thread... Some of them are still completely relavent and it makes more sense to continue the discussion than start fresh. Frankly, I wish more people would look before they leap, especially with current threads, where you'll sometimes see two or three threads about the same topic...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Complaining or bashing a new poster for pulling up an older thread is not really a friendly way to welcome a new poster to the boards. But, it is typical on the QVC boards. Sad, but typical.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Well it could be because they are a "newbie".  

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny, exactly! 

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

It completely depends on the subject of the old thread... Some of them are still completely relavent and it makes more sense to continue the discussion than start fresh. Frankly, I wish more people would look before they leap, especially with current threads, where you'll sometimes see two or three threads about the same topic...

Me too. Right now the most offending forum seems to be "TV & Movies". There are multiple threads about tv shows called the exact same thing, the name of the show. Once I start posting on one, I try to remain with that one even though I may peep and read the other one(s).

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

Scolded when you do, scolded when you don’t. And folks wonder why there isn’t a lot of posting here. I don’t need scolding from an anonymous poster on whether or not my thread is acceptable. The mods can do that—it’s their job.

Trusted Contributor

Could be that the older thread was of interest to them. Easy enough to skip if you have no interest.
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

If they are new here they just could be reading each thread that they have never seen before and don't look at the date and just want to join in and comment.  It's probably not them just searching for an old thread.  If they are new what would they know to search for.

Honored Contributor

I think bringing up old threads is totally ridiculous ==== for what purpose?  I wish they were deleted after a certain point.Cat Tongue

kindness is strength