Honored Contributor

Re: What is the one time /or thing you disciplined your child for that you later regretted?

@pggoody@QVCkitty1@dex@RedTop@Carmie

One important thing about discipline for life ( teaching) is to make sure the consequence is a natural off-shoot of the "crime."

A bad example of discipline is "time out." (Usually)

A better scenario is "we can have dessert (or watch tv) after we finish our peas and carrots. 

In the first OP, the loss of a pizza party fits if the parent points out why this is a consequence.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Re: What is the one time /or thing you disciplined your child for that you later regretted?

Believe it or not, I never regretted any discipline that I gave to her.  I didn't have to give much, but let's put it this way.  I didn't spare the "rod" on her behind. 

The one thing I would never put up with is a spoiled kid.  And I didn't raise one.

She's independant, she just bought her first car (used) and has her first year of car insurance already paid for.  She turns 17 next month and will take her driving test.  And she's an honor roll student as well.

We are very close.  Always will be Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My thoughts are that the discipline situations are not working correctly when parents try to spare kids of consequences.

ie: let's say the teen wrecks their first car. Parents go buy the teen a more expensive, foreign sports car for them. 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~