Honored Contributor

Re: What is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you?

Just can’t make you mad...wish that was true today.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain thanks for the reminder...I think you are a nice person.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When my son told me I was the best Mom he could have dreamed of and when my husband told me on our 45th wedding anniversary that he would marry me all over again.

Esteemed Contributor

A lady in the neighborhood recently passed by our

home walking her dog, who we have not seen since

last summer when he was a few months old.

The dog immediately came over to me and sat down

and wanted attention. My son who wanted to pet

him first said to me, Mom, why do all the dogs like

you better? Just something cute that came to my mind.

Valued Contributor

After DH and I were dating for several months, (not married yet) we had been working in the yard at my house one day and decided we would go out to dinner.He said to me "I'll go home and get ready, well, not home, because home is where you are".That was over 20 years ago and it still warms my heart.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is nicest thing anyone has ever said to you?

@ciao_bella What a beautiful message you gave. My daughter teaches special education. I truly believe the way she loves her students is a gift to the world. Have a lovely retirement. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Our 30's  son and I were on the deck.  He told me I was the smartest person he had ever spoken to.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

The first time my husband said, "I love you."

Esteemed Contributor

When I was five years old I went to the school nurse for a stomach ache.  While I was crying, she cupped my face into her hands and quietly said, "Don't cry. Everything is going to be alright. Can I see you smile?". I smiled as best as I could and she said, "See, you have such a beautiful smile" . I grew up in a home where compliments were never given so this was unfamiliar to me. Her words were magic  because I would smile EVERY chance I got after that. To this day, I respect the power of a smile, and do so every chance I get😁.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I taught 8th grade, I had a very troubled boy in my class. He'd come from a tough, inner city neighborhood and was then living with his aunt, as his dad was not reliable.  He was one of those kids who showed his pain by acting out in some very ugly ways.  I have to admit that when we first met he was rather hard to like.

He moved back with his dad at the end of the school year. Before he went, he told me that he was going to stay out of trouble and away from drugs.. that was a promise he'd made to himself.

One day almost 10 years later, I got a call from the front office saying that I had a visitor.  It was James. He was 23 years old and just graduated from UCLA. He said he'd come to see me and to tell me that in person, because I was the only teacher who'd ever shown him respect. 💙 

~ house cat ~