Respected Contributor

Re: What is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you?

Some heartfelt and heartwarming comments through the years made by some of my special education students.  One little boy who had learning and behavior problems told me I was his best friend.   Another student said she loved being in the class and wanted to grow up to be a teacher just like me.  

I retired in Jan. of this year after 27 plus years, but each and every student will always have a tiny piece of my heart.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

People who purchase one of my signs on Etsy...I have gotten comments on how much they love it & how talented I am.  It makes me feel great that strangers are willing to pay good money for something that I created and give me such positive feedback!

Respected Contributor

"You are just so darn smart."

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

I've been told twice I was genuine.

Two little girls told me I was pretty.   Not important but very sweet.

Honored Contributor

That I'm funny.

That I light up a room.

That I'm thoughtful.

I love compliments. If I could, I would roll around in them all day like catnip. I remember almost every single one. I've even received a few here at this forum that were really meaningful to me. THANK YOU!!

Hand out compliments whenever you can. You never know when a simple statement could define a person's entire identity for the better.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

“ you are a joy to your mother and I”

I’ll forever cherish those words my sweet daddy said to me.🥰

Respected Contributor

My sister, who I have never been close to, told me I was a wonderful mother.  

Trusted Contributor

I was a single mom from the time my daughter was 3 years old.  The nicest thing anyone said to me was “you did a wonderful job raising your child and I admire you for that”.  This actually came from the woman who is currently married to my ex.  We have been friends for years and I am thankful for our healthy relationship....

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

That I'm funny.

That I light up a room.

That I'm thoughtful.

I love compliments. If I could, I would roll around in them all day like catnip. I remember almost every single one. I've even received a few here at this forum that were really meaningful to me. THANK YOU!!

Hand out compliments whenever you can. You never know when a simple statement could define a person's entire identity for the better.

Exactly and well said.  A little compliment can make someone’s day.  

Regular Contributor

At my fiftieth high school reunion a classmate told my husband, who in high school was my boyfriend, that he thought he (my husband) was the luckiest guy in the world. After nearly 56 years of marriage I think I was the lucky one.