Respected Contributor

Re: What is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you?

My co-worker fixed me up with her neighbor who's wife had passed and he had a 9 year old daughter.  After the second time we were all together Amber (the 9 year old) climbed into my lap, put her arms around my neck and said "I wish you were my mother!"  I wanted to take her home!  I wish I had a happier ending but I didn't care for her dad, no chemestry darn it.  Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

That I'm funny.

That I light up a room.

That I'm thoughtful.

I love compliments. If I could, I would roll around in them all day like catnip. I remember almost every single one. I've even received a few here at this forum that were really meaningful to me. THANK YOU!!

Hand out compliments whenever you can. You never know when a simple statement could define a person's entire identity for the better.

Exactly and well said.  A little compliment can make someone’s day.  

YAY! Another compliment! Heart It was generous of you to put that in there.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

My life is better because you are a part of it.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

When my husband (now ex) gave me his credit card and said:  "Here honey, something that will cheer you up." Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I've received quite a few compliments over the years, but don't want to appear to be bragging, so I'll give this one.

I've been told by many I'm an excellent cook.  It was never something I wanted to be, never liked cooking, it just came naturally.  All I'd do was take a basic recipe and enhance it, making it more flavorful and tasty. 

I did a lot of experimenting with baking, creating my own recipes, which I liked doing more than cooking.  

Ha!  I'm not at all domestic.  

Respected Contributor

My Observing Faculty Teacher who came to visit the school I was student  teaching in said I was going to be a great  teacher. My ex told me he never met anyone as thoughtful as I was. Gee  what happened to that as he had an affair. I filed for divorce and was he  surprised..

Trusted Contributor

Shortly before he died, my FIL said to me, "I thank God everyday for you."  He was 91.  A very special man.  I am so blessed to have married his son.  

Esteemed Contributor

at the alter DH said        "Wow"

I was really sick in a pink night gown DH said   "You look really good in pink"

Youngest son said "Mom you don't have a bad voice"

when we were singing in the car   Hello It's Me  by Todd Rudgren

a complete stranger (man) came up to me and said "you have the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen"

I was waiting for valet at a hospital after mammo

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

When I was still working, I was battling weight and trying to diet.  I made a negative comment about myself.  One of my co-workers looked at me and said "you know, it's too bad you can't see yourself as others do.  you are beautiful inside and out."  I'll never forget that and how it made me feel

Contributor

Waiting for an elevator in a downtown Chicago building a man approached me and said Mr. Oleg Cassini would like to meet you.  Unfortunately did not know who he was and declined.  Oh what career path might that have taken me.