Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is the longest period of time that your internet has been down?

I agree @SeaMaiden  Ours was out two days and it really made me realize i have a problem. 

Honored Contributor

5+ days in a row here in wa state due to a huge wind storm in 2006-7 maybe-----then we got a generator but of course didn't really need it much----that storm damaged the whole power grid so even then we had to wait til it was all  repaired----

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

5+ days in a row here in wa state due to a huge wind storm in 2006-7 maybe-----then we got a generator but of course didn't really need it much----that storm damaged the whole power grid so even then we had to wait til it was all  repaired----

@wagirl   Hi!  we have a  Generac generator as well... for some reason everytime the power goes out, everything works except our internet ( we have Centurylink....) What do you use for wifi that WORKS WITH YOUR GENERATOR?   jWe were considering changing.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Fairly recently? About 6 days after a storm knocked out all our power in July. In the past? I can remember over 2 weeks in our Town Home.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

We had a midwest hurricane August 2020. Many areas were without power for 10 days and internet for up to 30 days.  Luckily, my power was out for a week and internet came back at 8 days.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden ---the one we used was just a stand alone generator--and it was hooked up to the electrical panel, so it ran the heat, the septic pump and then the freezer and refer and maybe a light---but no internet until they fixed those lines--have no idea what brand it was---only needed a few times of course----but to be warm and not have my food spoil and to be able to use the toilet was worth more than wifiWoman Wink