Respected Contributor

Re: What is the due date for Mary Beth's grandchildren?

@Mominohiowrote:

@Dankywrote:

@SydneyHwrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@SydneyHwrote:

@BeccaLouwrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

I've heard her kind of avoid saying any specific time when she talks about it , and is kind of vague about it. 

I don't blame her, they probably want their privacy until they are ready to share the news about the birth. 

Maybe she will be more specific as the date draws near. I'm really excited for her.

becca lou wrote; Probably a good idea until the children are here and safe.

?  The children are under no danger, lol.  

All births have an element of risk. Often, just like some people don't announce a pregnancy until a certain number of weeks have passed, some want to get the delivery in and a few days to pass before announcing the actual birth. 

And some people don't like the time of the birth to be too public, as they will not be home much, and makes them a target for burglary. 

When my BIL had a baby (back in the day when they listed births in the paper, often in less than 24  hours after the event), their house was broken into because it was made public that most likely, no one would be home much during that time. 

Every birth has an element of risk, the obsession with this woman's grandchildren still strikes me as weird.

What is weird and spooky to me is consumers sending baby gifts to the (grand)baby of a salesperson they buy bras and meat from and have never met....Even going so far as to make something for the infant.......very,very odd.

People do this for 'celebrities' all the time, and have for many many decades. Not something I would do, but most take the things they can't use or don't want and give them to charity, so what's the harm, really?Is it ever really wrong to show a kindness?

In this world where everyone is against everyone else, and so much hatefulness and evil abound, the fact that people complain or find 'weird' the sharing of another's joy in welcoming first grandchildren, shows me something about them, and just why the world is like it is.

@Mominohio-----well it has been a day of illumination and revelation for you today and that is wonderful.

You know "something about me" and my contribution as to why the world is like it is. 

Respected Contributor

@SharkEwrote:

I'm happy for them, but, really don't care.

@SharkE-----I completely agree......but I would have to think of "them" in order to be happy for "them" and I don't !

Trusted Contributor

I thought her son and DIL lived in England.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBluewrote:

I thought her son and DIL lived in England.

I believe the DIL is from England, but they live in PA. I believe he is in the state legislature there.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@Dankywrote:

@SydneyHwrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@SydneyHwrote:

@BeccaLouwrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

I've heard her kind of avoid saying any specific time when she talks about it , and is kind of vague about it. 

I don't blame her, they probably want their privacy until they are ready to share the news about the birth. 

Maybe she will be more specific as the date draws near. I'm really excited for her.

All births have an element of risk. Often, just like some people don't announce a pregnancy until a certain number of weeks have passed, some want to get the delivery in and a few days to pass before announcing the actual birth. 

And some people don't like the time of the birth to be too public, as they will not be home much, and makes them a target for burglary. 

When my BIL had a baby (back in the day when they listed births in the paper, often in less than 24  hours after the event), their house was broken into because it was made public that most likely, no one would be home much during that time. 

Every birth has an element of risk, the obsession with this woman's grandchildren still strikes me as weird.

What is weird and spooky to me is consumers sending baby gifts to the (grand)baby of a salesperson they buy bras and meat from and have never met....Even going so far as to make something for the infant.......very,very odd.

People do this for 'celebrities' all the time, and have for many many decades. Not something I would do, but most take the things they can't use or don't want and give them to charity, so what's the harm, really?Is it ever really wrong to show a kindness?

In this world where everyone is against everyone else, and so much hatefulness and evil abound, the fact that people complain or find 'weird' the sharing of another's joy in welcoming first grandchildren, shows me something about them, and just why the world is like it is.

I'm not 'against' anyone but you can't have it both ways, if you want to announce everything that EVER happens to you in life in public, you can't expect the creeps not to come out.

Honored Contributor

@SharkEwrote:

I'm happy for them, but, really don't care.

Me either, but I don't need any lectures or hand wringing about it, period.

Respected Contributor

@Dankywrote:

@SydneyHwrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@SydneyHwrote:

@BeccaLouwrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

becca lou wrote: That gesture is not wierd to me. It is very careing.But some do get to much and donate it which makes me sad to think that can happen. Some people want to be important in well wishers..

Respected Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@Dankywrote:

@SydneyHwrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@SydneyHwrote:

@BeccaLouwrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

becca lou wrote: When you figure it out please explain that to me, Please !

Respected Contributor

@kjaewrote:

WOW.   I WAS NOT TRYING TO PRY INTO THEIR PERSONAL LIVES.  i JUST THOUGHT HOW EXCITED SHE HAS BEEN AND THAT THE TIME MIGHT BE SOON.

I RECENTLY BECAME A FIRST TIME GRANDMA AND BABIES ARE ON MY MIND.

THANKS TO THOSE OF YOU WHO PROVIDED A KIND RESPONSE.

becca lou wrote: I think the time for Eric' baby is very soon. They gave them a baby shower already. Mary Beth posted it.And they seemed fine with everyone knowing that .

Honored Contributor

Mary Beth just announced that the twins are here. Names are Ethan and Callum. Weighted about 5 pounds each. She posted a picture of her and her husband with the babies. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?