Super Contributor

Let's be honest, the English language, while almost universal is sort of boring... unless spoken by the English or Aussies. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I jest. What do you find the best language? French? Italian? Spanish? Japanese? Chinese? I took years of French classes, and I find it a very sensual language. To listen to a truly French person speak it, is like listening to music... they could curse you out and it would sound s3xy. Same thing with Spanish... there is a flow to the language. I can understand it far better than speak it, but to listen to it, there is just such a fluid stream and the pronunciations are amazing. Don't even get me started on those Italians. All of our mouths are capable of making those sounds, it is just a matter of training. I think the study of languages is really interesting, even going back to Hebrew and Latin, and ancient Egyptian scripts like Hieroglyphs. Makes me wonder what we are leaving for future generations to find... a bunch of cell phones with text messages saying LOL.

Valued Contributor

Re: What is the best language?

Which is.....the ...
Trusted Contributor

French is a lovely spoken Language.

Arear with French Canadian May I recommend listening to French Canadian actor, Roy Dupuis speak it{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Anybody remember this gorgeous, gorgeous Man, from the original TV version of La Femme Nikita, years ago?

I think he's about 50 now. Looks so Good!

Super Contributor

Yes... he is delicious. Voice like velvet.

Valued Contributor

ITA that French is like music!

Super Contributor

On 8/5/2014 spindlegirl said:

ITA that French is like music! Smile

Spoken by a true musical fan judging by your quote. Love Nina Simone, especially that song. Smile

Valued Contributor

On 8/5/2014 Jules5280 said:
On 8/5/2014 spindlegirl said:

ITA that French is like music! Smile

Spoken by a true musical fan judging by your quote. Love Nina Simone, especially that song. Smile

Nice to find another Simone fan!

Trusted Contributor

On 8/5/2014 Jules5280 said:

Yes... he is delicious. Voice like velvet.

I never thought I would get into a show like that. I daresay, LOL, Mr. Dupuis, was the hook.

I respect his desire not to go "Hollywood" and his preference to work, primarily, in his native Canada, but, it is so, the American audiences loss.

Super Contributor

The best language would be the one that others understand. Because it's about communication, no?

Honored Contributor

On 8/5/2014 ennui_too said:

The best language would be the one that others understand. Because it's about communication, no?

Yes.

That would be a universal language, one that we all understand, and it's been said that MUSIC is it. 8)

No one should ever be excluded.