Valued Contributor

Re: What is the Most Treasured or Memorable Gift You Ever Received?

When I turned 40, my father gave me a surprise party. As if that wasn't enough, little did I know there was a bright red Mazda Miata in the garage for me.  I literally screamed and felt like I won the grand prize on a game show.  I'll never forget that.   

Honored Contributor

@Linda0215 wrote:

When I turned 40, my father gave me a surprise party. As if that wasn't enough, little did I know there was a bright red Mazda Miata in the garage for me.  I literally screamed and felt like I won the grand prize on a game show.  I'll never forget that.   

@Linda0215 do you still have the car?

Respected Contributor

My Dad and I were outside. He was turning over the soil around the flowers when he found a ring with a red stone in it. He smiled and said this is for you. I took it in and washed it. It was adjustable and came from a kracker jac box. I treasure it. 

Valued Contributor

I've been recovering from cancer treatment for 2 long years.  I've lost over 100 lbs.  last Christmas my husband bought me a new wedding band!  I was so shocked!  This thoughtful gift is what I cherish!

Super Contributor

My husband.

He passed away two years ago...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Growing up, my Dad's mother was my favorite grandmother.  

Don't think an apron and apple pie, although, she could make a blt and a chocolate syrup sundae!

She was a true Victorian, born in 1900.  She was taller then I, and had a dancer's legs.  My grandfather opened a fine shoe store down town and he, my grandmother, and both my dad and uncle worked there.

I spent every weekend with her and my grandfather, from Saturday afternoon until after dinner Sunday night.

She taught me about, life, values, education, and life planning, and boys!

She was the strongest woman in business in town with me with long blond curls down my back, at her knee.

Years after her passing, I was given the engraved cuff bracelet she wore every single day.  That bracelet was "Her".

20220721_190657.jpg

Valued Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Linda0215 wrote:

@Linda0215 do you still have the car?

Unfortunately, I don't. I traded it in after a few years for a Honda.  Wish I still had it though.  Boy, was that car fun to drive!