Honored Contributor

Re: What is the Most Risky Thing You Have Ever Done?

[ Edited ]

LOL, some things need to be left unsaid, but for public knowledge, riding on the back of a motorcycle with my boyfriend at 22, this was the early 70's and I loved being a "free spirit"!

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I'm living it.

Sounds like you have lived life to the fullest.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I got pregnant with my 2 children. I was warned that it would be a very high risk pregnancy both times. I didn't listen and gave birth to two children that are everything to me and I have been blessed to see both of them grow up.Heart

What a wonderful, unselfish risk you took to bring your children into this world!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

Early retirement.  I retired about 10 years earlier than planned which was scary both financially and emotionally. By retiring early, I have less than half of what I would have had in my 401K and savings.  However, a greater Force was guiding me and so far everything has worked out. 

That is beautiful.

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

skydiving

Did you enjoy the experience?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yardlie wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

skydiving

Did you enjoy the experience?

I was so scared, until I reached the ground. I went tandem. I have the jump on video.

Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

It was definitely the scariest thing I've ever done.  For me it was deciding to marry again after first husband of 53 years passed away.  I was 73 and married a wonderful man of 86. We knew we'd never see a 25th anniversary, but we did make it for ten years until he pased last year.  A mistake?  Definitely the best move I've ever made - ten of the happiest years of my entire life, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.. So I've lost two wonderful men now, and cherish every memory, every emotion, every laugh and just a few tears. 

Good for you! That sounds so wonderful. My grandmother did a similar thing. She married two amazing men and had two fantastic marriages.

Honored Contributor

@Yardlie wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I got pregnant with my 2 children. I was warned that it would be a very high risk pregnancy both times. I didn't listen and gave birth to two children that are everything to me and I have been blessed to see both of them grow up.Heart

What a wonderful, unselfish risk you took to bring your children into this world!

@YardlieThank you .....  I desperately wanted children and was willing to at least try. I did lose one baby and miscarried but I was very blessed to have my son and daughter.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Honestly living through my 20's in the late 1970's and early 1980's.

I took risks and did things went places that I was just fortunate enough to come out the other side alive, and well.    The 20's for me were my difficult years.... and learning years of how to become an adult...... thank goodness I survived them and grew up into a well adjusted person.  But I did test the waters, and got just about everything out of my system to realize what I wanted in life.

AND that is:  Peace, joy, love and contentment, all what I have today at 60!   

Beautifully said.

Respected Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

LOL, some things need to be left unsaid, but for public knowledge, riding on the back of a motorcycle with my boyfriend at 22, this was the early 70's and I loved being a "free spirit"!

I've only been on a motorcyle once, and it was one of the scariest things I have ever done!