Respected Contributor

Re: What is the Hardest Lesson You Have Had to Learn in Life?

[ Edited ]

@turtlelgk wrote:

Mine makes me so sad. I said some things to my son that I never should have said. It happened years ago at a very stressful time in our lives. Time has not helped the scituation. I will always be sorry and sad about the way things are. This is the way he wants it. Life is good except for that.

Have you tried apologizing in person?  Letting him know how much you miss him in your life and how sorry you are that you said those things to him may mean something to him--even though he might not admit it.

Respected Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

Sorry, but I did not read all 16 pages on this thread, but my hardest lesson to learn is ...............  not to trust anyone, and I mean anyone, the only person I honestly trust is my husband!!!!!

And your dog!!!

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

Surviving the death of a loved one has been very difficult to learn for me.

I always ask God how am I supposed to go on?

@Pqfan, thinking of you and missing your posts elsewhere. I cannot tell you it gets easier. It just gets to a point where you accept it and the good memories seem to come back helping to deal with the loss. Please take care of yourself in this difficult time.

(((((((((((((((((((Pqfan)))))))))))))))))))

I lost my 15 year old son suddenly and unexpectedly.  I still think of him and miss him, but I have been able to go on with life.  Having a younger son has really helped me with this challenge. 

Respected Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

@Pqfan, thinking of you and missing your posts elsewhere. I cannot tell you it gets easier. It just gets to a point where you accept it and the good memories seem to come back helping to deal with the loss. Please take care of yourself in this difficult time.

I lost my 15 year old son suddenly and unexpectedly.  I still think of him and miss him, but I have been able to go on with life.  Having a younger son has really helped me with this challenge. 

@Pqfan ... Oh, how sad. I am so sorry about your son. That kind of loss is just unimaginable. Sending my prayers your way for you and your other son. (((Hugs)))

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Life isn't always "fair" or right.

Respected Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

@fortune wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

@Pqfan ... Oh, how sad. I am so sorry about your son. That kind of loss is just unimaginable. Sending my prayers your way for you and your other son. (((Hugs)))

@Yardlie Hi. I don't have any children but I sure could use the prayers.

I lost my mom in March 2015 and she was my best friend and compass in the world. Smiley Sad

@fortune Hi I admire your strength and courage. Thankyou for sharing this  it means a lot. Heart

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

I am so very sorry for your loss. There are no words when a parent loses a child. I am glad to read that your younger son has brought you comfort. Please take care.

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

My hardest lesson to learn is that LIFE IS NOT FAIR.  I still struggle with that -- not that everyting has to be equal, just that things are fair for everyone, which they are not.

Along that line, mine is that so many people won't think logically about an issue.  I want, I feel, and that's enough regardless of reality.

That is very often what these forums seem to be all about. I often wonder what it's like to deal with such people IRL, but really, I'd just as soon not know ;-(

Going back to being able to read people...

I find that if someone can't get beyond Point A, their shallow thinking is going to impact everyone around them in a negative fashion.  As they take a lot of the thinking courses out of the schools, the problem gets worse.  Oy.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Life isn't always "fair" or right.

Always a tough one.  You will see people struggle and fail while others land on their feet like a cat when they do everything wrong.  The worst is when evil wins.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor