Honored Contributor

Re: What is one Store that has closed that you miss the most??

Marshall Field and Company on State Street in Chicago.  Although it's been decades since it closed, it was my favorite retail experience.  I still use one of their big green shopping bags to hold ribbon and bows for wrapping gifts.

Frequent Contributor

When I lived in NYC, I used to always go shopping for my clothes and shoes at Annie Sez. I used get name brand shoes and clothes at discount prices. 

Respected Contributor

Woodward & Lothrop, a DC metro area department store that I loved.

So sad to see them go.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

I miss Lord & Taylor too, we did not have one here in town but I visited them anytime I was near one. But one I really miss is Pier One, I loved their tableware and shopped there constantly for display items for the travel agency windows. Seeing it in person was much more fun than looking at it online.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Esteemed Contributor

WOOLWORTH'S!  I miss the experience.

Trusted Contributor

Ann and hope, ( house stuff) and Benny's an everything you would need store.
Super Contributor

I always shopped at Kmart. I have clothes from Jaclyn Smith, dish towels from Martha Stewart, outdoor planters and so much more. There was always so much seasonal decor. I miss shopping there.
Respected Contributor

Several stores I miss are:

Pier One, although we have a Kirklands in our area and they have similar things,  Coldwater Creek, BonTon, KMart.

Valued Contributor

@Othereeeen  I grew up on Long Island and I cannot tell you how often I still picture myself as a little girl -- looking in awe at the wall of dolls at Korvette's toy store.  As long as I live -- it is something I will never forget.

Honored Contributor

Another vote for KMart.  I loved to wander around all the different departments and got great jeans and other clothing there, along with household items.

I also miss a store we had called Linens & Things.  It was a step up from BB&B, had great selections of household items.  Long gone now, with nothing to really replace it.

In general, I miss all the stores that were like KMart (Ames, Bradlees, Grant's).