Honored Contributor

What is one Store that has closed that you miss the most??

Mine is Pier One! My mom and I and also my husband and I would love to shop there. They had so many beautiful things for the home and it was always decorated so beautifully.

Especially at Holiday Time. I know they still have their online store, but to me Pier One is the type of store you need to go into and actually see the merchandise..

I also really miss Boston Store!!!! Loved that store.......

Super Contributor

Re: What is one Store that has closed that you miss the most??

Shopko! That was my go to store for everything

Honored Contributor

Nordstrom closed here several years ago. 😞
Honored Contributor

At this point none.  I do not miss shopping in stores.  I have a better selection on line, returns are easier, and I can try something on at home but with measurements given, it's easier than pawing through things in a store. 

Respected Contributor

Service Merchandise

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor

This is going years back, but I really liked Casual Corner.

Honored Contributor

There are two where I shopped frequently:  Daffy's and Filene's Basement.  Daffy's was my favorite, and was within walking distance.

We lost quite a few of our discount retail stores in the last 10-15 years.

Honored Contributor

I miss Macy's and before that is was Foley's, and the first in that same location was Sangar Harris.  Miss them all.  I love Dillard's but it was so nice to have a brick and mortar store to go to that was not in the Mall.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Dress Barn! Perfect casual, slightly dressy, dressy, or work outfits at super good prices. I could always walk in there and find exactly what I needed at any given time. Great sales and coupons, too. My store was always busy.

Honored Contributor

The one I can think of right now, probably because I'm in gardening mode, is a local nursery called Exotic Harvest.  I do have several local nurseries to choose from, but I liked this one particularly for their selection and they often had the different stuff or different varieties the others didn't carry.  I still have a houseplant from there that I have never run across anywhere else.  If I were to do an actual search for it, I could probably find it, but I've never just run across it even with all the online plant places I shop. 

For clothing, I really wish Parisian hadn't been bought out by Belk.  Would've loved to have a Macy's, but that's 2 hours away.