Trusted Contributor

Re: What is one Store that has closed that you miss the most??

Cost Plus/World Market, they closed the one near me, I used to love going in and just browse, they had unique stuff especially around the holidays.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

from news reports........

Bed Bath Beyond is preparing a bankruptcy filing for as early as this weekend as its falling stock price makes it near impossible to raise enough capital to avert default, according to people familiar with the matter.

The embattled retailer recently said it needed to raise $300 million from share sales by April 26 to stay out of chapter 11. The company will have to stop selling stock by that date, when it would lose eligibility to continue under its share registration documents. Given the stock’s closing price on Wednesday of 46 cents, Bed Bath & Beyond faces long odds to raise that amount of money within that time.

Valued Contributor

I'm from Utah and we had a wonderful department store called ZCMI. Loved this store!!

Super Contributor

Lord & Taylors

Respected Contributor

Kentucky Fried Chicken closed in my town.....more than 15 years ago...

I guess my twice a year indulgence couldn't keep them in business!!

Now I'd have to drive 25 miles to the next one....nahhhh...not worth it.....

Sometimes I make do with supermarket fried chicken. Good enough. By the time I get to the third piece, I remember why I don't eat it anymore.....!!!!

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

When I lived in Queens, we shopped at Lerner's on Myrtle Avenue and Alexander's too.... a million years ago it seems ( lived there 1965 to 1972...)..

When my Dad came to visit us ( my parents were divorced )...he took us to Korvettes on Long Island and we thought that was really something ( or maybe it was in NJ...he lived in Union NJ at the time...) ...

My Mom liked Kmart and Jamesway and Sears.....that's where she took us...all gone too...

What I remember about Jamesway was in the early 1970's, pants were colored. Not denim,but different colors...and some had patch pockets of a contrasting color. I have a picture of an early boyfriend taken in about 1972 and he has burgundy colored demin pants and a light blue button down shirt!!!!

Regular Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

When I lived in Queens, we shopped at Lerner's on Myrtle Avenue and Alexander's too.... a million years ago it seems ( lived there 1965 to 1972...)..

When my Dad came to visit us ( my parents were divorced )...he took us to Korvettes on Long Island and we thought that was really something ( or maybe it was in NJ...he lived in Union NJ at the time...) ...

My Mom liked Kmart and Jamesway and Sears.....that's where she took us...all gone too...

What I remember about Jamesway was in the early 1970's, pants were colored. Not denim,but different colors...and some had patch pockets of a contrasting color. I have a picture of an early boyfriend taken in about 1972 and he has burgundy colored demin pants and a light blue button down shirt!!!!

I loved Lerner's too....forgot about them.

"Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful."
Respected Contributor

We had a little neighborhood drugstore called Priceless, it wasn't a chain.  They always had different interesting gift like items in addition to good prices on the normal drug store items.  Rite Aid bought them out and the building still sits empty.

Valued Contributor

Really miss STEINMART!

@Othereeeen @kaydee50 @ALRATIBA @IMW 

Loved Alexander's. I am from Queens but worked at Alexander's 59th and Lexington during high school and college summers. Great job....Barton's candy kiosk girl!

Honored Contributor

Strawbridge & Clothier and Pier One...and many more. I miss going out to my favorite stores.