Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is needed for Drivers License?

@suzyQ3 wrote:

You cannot depend upon responses here. You just have to look up your state's requirements on its motor vehicle site. All the info will be there.

Yes!  This cannot be said enough!  Some people are talking about regular driver's  licenses, and others are not.  And it varies from state to state.  It's easy enough to look on the website or call.  Definitely worth it to get complete and accurate info.  

Honored Contributor

I have been married a couple times.  They did not require all tha.  I dont even have my diroce papers it was so long ago.  Geesh, i dont even want to remember, lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie  Regardless of what you found online, my state and my county would not renew my license online and without the Real ID seal.............meaning I had to bring my original Social Security card, birth certificate, marriage license, two forms of ID, etc. and this was in 2017.  Believe me, if I had a choice, I would have taken it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What state do you live in?  Do you want a drivers' license that can be used as an ID for air traviel?  Do you want just a driver's license?

Why the heck are you asking here?  Check the information for your state driver licensing agency that's available on line.  You'll get all the answers there.