Respected Contributor

Re: What is it with Hollywood dads and their nannies?

nannies are the problem imo.  i think they target these guys and men being men fall for it.  look what happens.  i'm sure there are some who are hit on first by the husband, but i'll bet it's in the minority.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Kind of ironic that Robin Williams married the nannySmiley Happy

And Arnold Schwarzenegger's maid/housekeeper looks like Mrs. Doubtfire.runaway.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

I'd hire a male nanny - LOL

DITTO!  And I would make sure he would look like either Brad Pitt or Antonio Bandaris!!!!

Male nannies are called mannies.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Kind of ironic that Robin Williams married the nannySmiley Happy

And Arnold Schwarzenegger's maid/housekeeper looks like Mrs. Doubtfire.runaway.gif

So right, she was (is) not attractive AT ALL!  Go figure.

Esteemed Contributor

So men are just dumb neanderthals who are incapable of thinking above their waist?

So, you guys wouldn't trust your husbands around a female nanny?

Even if the female nanny made a pass at your husband, you wouldn't trust him to not succumb to the pass, and tell her in no uncertain terms to knock it off?

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2  a nanny wouldn't bother me and wouldn't make my dh break his vows.  but there is no question in my mind that if an innocent man becomes the target of a conniving woman, his goose is almost cooked.

naturally there are probably some weaknesses in the marriage, then again, maybe not, but women imo can be great predators and these families can be really innocent victims (bystanders) when a nanny makes up her mind. 

i think this has been proven in history over and over again.  men need to be stroked and if the wife is not there or preoccupied, these gals are happy to step in.

to say that could never happen to me by anyone imo, is utter foolishess.  always be on your toes! 

Honored Contributor

Be careful what you wish for. A lot of men like the grannies.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

So if the situation was reversed, and a male nanny was hired, the husband wouldn't be suspicious of him, and worried that he might make a pass at his wife, or that she might fall for the male nanny? Would the husband worry that the male nanny would prey upon his wife?

There are a lot of couples out there that have nannies, and nothing untoward happens between the nanny, and the spouse of the opposite s@x of the nanny. You just don't hear about it.

You see, I'm not a man-hater, who thinks that all, or majority of men only think with what's between their legs. Not every man cheats. Not every man will mount everything that walks.

There are a lot of guys out there who respect their wives, and their marriage, and by painting guys as untrustworthy, is selling them short.

Honored Contributor

Rich men fall for the nannies because they are there when their wifes aren't.  Rich women go for their body guards, pool boys, tennis pros, for the same reasons.  Men are men and women are women.  Ya' ain't gettin' whatcha' need ... there is always a someone willing to "fill the void".  

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

This isn't a new phenomenon or a Hollywood one. 130+ years ago in Victorian times the head of the household and the nanny were not an unusual Thing. Back then many women died young from childbirth or disease, so many men later married the nanny.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all