Honored Contributor

What is happening to the work ethic?

I went grocery shopping and nearly every aisle had an employee texting on their iphone/blackberry/whatever. To be quite honest, I was disgusted seeing their behavior. Instead of shelving products or finding a way to keep themselves busy (actually working), they worked harder at finding ways to not do their job. One of the guys behind the deli counter was texting and when I cleared my throat to get some service, he was annoyed with me because he wanted to finish his texting...

I'm like...What the????? It was maddening that this young adult had it backwards...I was the one who is supposed to be annoyed because he was getting paid to take care of me...the customer!

I've always worked jobs that would fire those who did anything that was not work related during working hours and not on their breaks.

...and imagine, I didn't need to be reminded of that either. I am also amazed by reading how even those who are at work on the pute chat and shop online while at work too (and not while they are on break)...nothing new there either.

Ok, stepping down from the soapbox...{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are...