Respected Contributor

Re: What is everyone doing this summer?

@Bri36 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

We haven't been to a wedding in a long time. 

If I get one more invitation, I'm going to have to get a second job for all the gifts we have to buy.  Woman LOLWoman LOL

LOL

Hope they meet all the board's criteria  Woman LOL

I'm going to start a thread in the fashion forum asking if it's okay for me to wear Birkenstocks with a white lace dress to one of the weddings.  Woman Tongue

Make sure you ask if you should wear pantyhose.

I can answer that. NO, panty hose are not ok with Birkenstocks. They make lovely socks that are made to go with them. Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

Yardwork and home maintenance.

Honored Contributor

Right now, I'm planning to work all summer. If the stars align in just the right way, I might be taking a vacation up north come early fall. 

Trusted Contributor

Bri36 ,  I hope you enjoy Ravinia. It seems that every time I want to go I have a conflict. I really want to go June 15, 16, and 17th but had promised my mom to help her with her rummage sale it us a huge deal in her neighborhood and she is really getting rid of a lot of stuff. Since she us 88, I will need to do it all, really, so no late nights at Ravinia for me. 

I am going to Baltimore, hopefully over the 4th of July holiday. My mom grew up there and would like to visit once more. Since my grandma and all of the other relative passed, we gave not had any reason to go.  It should be fun.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

We haven't been to a wedding in a long time. 

If I get one more invitation, I'm going to have to get a second job for all the gifts we have to buy.  Woman LOLWoman LOL

LOL

Hope they meet all the board's criteria  Woman LOL

I'm going to start a thread in the fashion forum asking if it's okay for me to wear Birkenstocks with a white lace dress to one of the weddings.  Woman Tongue

Make sure you ask if you should wear pantyhose.

OMGosh you two are cracking me up here!

Remember nylons that had the dark toe inset and even a square-ish one at the heel?  Imagine those with white sandals.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm moving up to my sister's in laws for most of June to oversee the completion of a house we bought. 

Dry wall, hardwood floors, kitchen and baths.

Some day, we'll be able to sleep, eat and ship there.Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

I won't be able to do a dang thing, I'll be too broke. Every time I turn around something goes wrong with the piece of garbage townhouse I live in. Naturally whatever it is isn't covered by my homeowners insurance or a product warranty. I have had it with this, where are the benefits of being a homeowner???

Respected Contributor

@debcakes wrote:

Bri36 ,  I hope you enjoy Ravinia. It seems that every time I want to go I have a conflict. I really want to go June 15, 16, and 17th but had promised my mom to help her with her rummage sale it us a huge deal in her neighborhood and she is really getting rid of a lot of stuff. Since she us 88, I will need to do it all, really, so no late nights at Ravinia for me. 

I am going to Baltimore, hopefully over the 4th of July holiday. My mom grew up there and would like to visit once more. Since my grandma and all of the other relative passed, we gave not had any reason to go.  It should be fun.

@debcakes, thanks.  I love going there!

Have a great summer Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

We will be in Europe for a month. Need to be back as one of my sons will begin a college course in Summer Section II. Beyond that, I'll start painting the inside of my townhouse (lower level and first floor). 

Honored Contributor

Since I haven't seen my nephew for about 5 years, we will head up to Massachusetts when he comes home to visit. Only bad thing about going to college clear across the country. He decided he would stay in Colorado and get a job there instead of coming home.

Just returned from a quick trip to the Biltmore and Monticello. Maybe do some more trips like that this summer.