Honored Contributor

Re: What is everyone doing for the 4th of July?

Will be in Ocean City for a few days w/my brother & mother.  

Paramour's B-day is July 4th.  Man Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde   My niece and family are coming from Pittsburgh area to my sister's (niece's Mom) house in central PA.  You are still welcome to come.  Sure they would bring you along if you don't mind 3 boys ages 13, 11 and 4 and a 2 yr. old girl.  Oh, and 2 dogs in a minivan. I love them dearly but you couldn't pay me to ride 4 hours in that vehicle. lol

I am hoping for good weather so we can be outside. That crew plus my sister's 2 yappy little pooches is a lot inside.  OY!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Just another day for us.   Pray that our house does not burn down from neighbors negligence using illegal fireworks😡

Same here just myself and hubs now since all my family are now gone and I have a sister in an assised living facility.

Respected Contributor

We’ll be hanging out here at the lake. Our big fireworks show is Saturday night, and all we have to do is sit on the deck and enjoy it. For fireworks, the lake invites nonresidents, so people come from all over. 

Esteemed Contributor

Square dance event in West Virginia where we are part of a local parade.  Afterwards we go to the house of our club president and have dinner. Every year we do this and it is delightful.  

Respected Contributor

BBQ and swimming at my daughter’s and then watching fireworks. It will be laid back and fun. 

Esteemed Contributor

Day off work. Prepping house for 9 day stay with daughter (teacher) and her husband and sons. They're coming this weekend from Arizona. Daughter from SFO (flight attendant) will spend 3 days with us and son lives in the area. Grocery getting and making sure the house is ready. I have everyone's cereal and ice cream preferences! On the Fourth we'll make sure our little 'ol 110 pound Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff) stays comfortable with all the noise.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I am going to a friend's house for a pool party and dinner. 

Temps are supposed to be in the low 100s which is below normal for this time of year. Perfect pool weather.

Out local fireworks are decent and I can see them from my patio. No interest in TV fireworks here.

Respected Contributor

We usually do nothing but being in a new city we're going to the annual "Pancakes on the Plaza" in the morning.   I'm not standing in line for pancakes, but we'll see what it's all about .  Supposed to have vendors, music, state wide politicians (want to see the Governor) etc.   

Then I have a Mah Jongg game in the afternoon.

Then a friend invited us to her neighborhood "Desserts and Fireworks"  .   We're not fireworks fans but we love desserts so that's a no brainer for us.

Esteemed Contributor

Not much  I have to work wednesday & friday 

Saturday is our 34 wedding anniversary  I wanted fireworks by our annversaries!