Honored Contributor

Re: What is everyone doing for the 4th of July?

Nothing.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Hanging out around the house.  We are not fond of the noise and disruption of fireworks, and our neighbors are generally "well-behaved".

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Pittsburgh area?  Hey, I'm in Mentor, OH......I could be there in  couple hours (I don't eat much.....you'd never miss a couple drumsticks)!  Cat LOL

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stay inside in the a/c. It’s going to be around 106 degrees. I can bbq any day of the year so it’s no big deal here.

Honored Contributor

I stay home during the days around the Fourth and try and keep my sweet golden calmed down. We don't like the noise from the fireworks around my neighborhood. They started firing them last week and that just set my dog into orbit. I usually have to sedate her with meds when it gets really bad...poor thing.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I forgot to add that we will be on alert to the festivities of our trailer trash neighbors; especially if they decide to have a bonfire and fireworks this year.   

They actually set their half dead oak tree on fire with fireworks a year or so ago, and that tree is at most, 10 ft away from their trailer.   If there’s a fire up there, I will put on bug spray, light citronella candles on my front porch, and sit on my porch watching it burn!

We had some idiot neighbors about 10 years ago who burned down their trash can while setting off fireworks in their driveway. I guess it got out of hand and they put the burning fireworks in the plastic can.  Then last year the guy behind us set off sparklers under his covered patio. Luckily he didn’t do any damage. You can’t fix stupid. 

Respected Contributor

I am going to Brooklyn NY to a home of a very lovely couple. I am so honored to be invited.🙂

Respected Contributor

I’m invited to a cookout/ pool party....will depend on the weather....thunderstorms predicted as of today.  If it rains I will enjoy a day of tv and relaxing.

Respected Contributor

My city puts on a great fireworks display.  I used to be able to see it from my condo, but the trees are too tall now!  I could drive to it, but with 50,000 other people doing the same thing, it's a nightmare trying to get back home.

Some dummies actually park on the side of the freeway to watch it.  I'll be home watching the downtown Cleveland fireworks on TV.....they do an even better job than my suburb city does.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our town of 100,000 celebrates the 4th in a big way!

We have a huge parade, that is usually at least 2 hours long, and my brother lives on the parade route-so we have guaranteed great seats, and he and his wife always have a nice spread of food for us all.'

It is my sister's birthday that day, so after the parade we always go to a park and have a nice Family cookout, and then later that night we go down to our lakefront for Fireworks!!!

It is a busy day, but always very fun!!!!!