Honored Contributor

Re: What is everyone doing for the 4th of July?

Working Wed. and Friday so it will be low key and home early.  My almost five year old granddaughter is coming to spend the night Wed.  Then she and I will head back to her house for the holiday.  Son is grilling and I will play with my 1 year old grandson and visit with son's wife.  They just bought a trampoline so I am sure I will get entertainment with my lunch.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

We are biking to the local parade (kids and fire trucks). Then to the local picnic (hot dogs and a band).

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Headed to Washington DC to visit family, go to the National Aquarium & attend the fireworks. I go to DC often but this will be the first time going to the parade, concert & fireworks, really excited & can't wait...hope it doesn't thunderstorm. Happy 4th everyone!

Respected Contributor

We will be staying home.We will grill hot dogs and have some sort of salad.We live a few blocks from the country club,and we can see their fireworks from our back yard.

Honored Contributor

No plans for us.  I don’t like being outside, and had 3 more shave biopsies done last week.   I’ve had 2 squamous cancers and 20 pre cancers treated in the last year, so I avoid sun exposure as much as possible.   I am also a walking buffet for any type of biting insect, so being outdoors is not fun for me.   No one wants to clean the grill, so we won’t even be cooking out.   

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 @RedTop @hellie jo @kitcat51 @Peaches McPhee 

Stayin’ Home 🏠 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Nothing here. Just another day really. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I forgot to add that we will be on alert to the festivities of our trailer trash neighbors; especially if they decide to have a bonfire and fireworks this year.   

They actually set their half dead oak tree on fire with fireworks a year or so ago, and that tree is at most, 10 ft away from their trailer.   If there’s a fire up there, I will put on bug spray, light citronella candles on my front porch, and sit there watching it burn!

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 @RedTop @hellie jo @kitcat51 @Peaches McPhee 

Stayin’ Home 🏠 

Staying home is usually where I am for the 4th but this year our family visit to DC was changed from the Cherry Blossom Festival to the Fireworks...I don't like crowds but it's a one time thing so I'll deal with it & enjoy. Have a wonderful time too @LTT1

Respected Contributor

We just also staying home.  My DH (at 72) feels "the days of doing adventurous stuff are long gone".  Even when we invited somewhere, he just plops himself down and doesn't make a move until its time to go thru the food line.