Super Contributor

Re: What is an item you wish you could have another of, but can't find anywhere anymore?

[ Edited ]

Yes! That shampoo, and Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific, Honey and Wheat, and a body wash named Bonnie Bell all smelled great and worked well.

Honored Contributor

Re: What is an item you wish you could have another of, but can't find anywhere anymore?

A pair of black leather gloves that I lost in a movie theater. Honestly it was obvious that an employee took them. It was a matinee, and no one was sitting anywhere near me. I went back into the theater after it had been cleaned, they were gone. Left my name and number at lost and found, no call.

Anyway they weren't expensive, I got them at TJ Maxx. But they were beautiful and fit me perfectly. They had small ruffles on the top of the hand near the wrist. 

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Respected Contributor

Over the years, I have mentioned this item many times: I would love to have another Jessica Holbrook linen blazer. I wore it to death.

If I had another one, I could do the same thing.

Best clothing item I have ever purchased!

Trusted Contributor

I'm having the same problem here! Love the stuff but it's rarely available .

@nova wrote:

@foggy!  For me it's a comfort item I have not been able to find in months....  CoffeeMate Sugar Free Italian Sweet Cream non dairy creamer.  As someone who cannot tolerate dairy this flavor tasted like a dream for me in my coffee!  Can't get this at all anymore & I live in an area with a lot of grocery store choices.  I know in the scheme of things it's not earth shattering but my coffee cup sure misses it!

Esteemed Contributor

I really, really miss D&C pull-on jeans:  no pockets, very fitted, indestructable.  Originally HSN sold them - $19.95 a pair and they only came in a dark denim.  Years later only QVC sold them under the D&C brand and they came in three shades of blue.  I'm petite, but the jeans only came in regular - so I 'puddled' them at the bottom and they looked nice.

The other item, also a D&C brand, was a blouse/shirt which could be worn alone or over something.  Forgot the name of the material.  It was sort of sueded on the outside and silky on the inside.  

Finally, D&C brand number three!  Three-pack cotton tees:  solid, striped, dotted.  These came wrapped together, were a nice, normal length; and, again fared well for years of wash and wear.  I HATE the long, elastic things they pass off as tees nowadays.

Respected Contributor

Redken Amino Pon shampoo was the best. Of course, they quit making it. I found a small tube for $75.00. I used it over 45 years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

I knew it was summer when I'd purchase OPE nail lacquer in Rainbow. It applied as white but when sun/light hit it -- it took on colors of a prism. Can't find it now. OPE has other colors with the word rainbow in it but I miss my Rainbow.   

Google OPI, Rainbow.

You could contact the company based in Woodland Hills, CA

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago I bought an 18KT gold round, thin, hoop earrings from QVC. After several years, I lost one earring outside. I retraced my steps but couldn't find it. The price was LOW and I wished I had ordered 2 pairs. A couple of years ago, I saw the exact earring on Costco's website except it's 14KT gold. No one could tell the difference - but I know.So now I have 3 large hoop earrings.

Respected Contributor

A box of Sanford King Magic Markers with the striped barrels. They were the stinky ones and they really were permanent. Sharpie isn't living up to the standard. I can get an unused Sanford on eBay, but don't want to pay $20 when the original price was a tenth of that. 

I'll take a few bottles of Caswell-Massey's Beauty Nectar while I'm at it, and not plastic--the original etched glass bottles with the ground stoppers. I still have one. Loved that stuff.

Respected Contributor

@foggy! wrote:

This is just meant to be a fun thread...but may actually be one that proves to be helpful!  Someone here just may know where to find that elusive item.

For me, it's a pull-over tunic from Louis Dell'Olio called a poet blouse I bought years ago from QVC. I just enjoy it so much and wish I had another.

@foggy! , don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but this blouse shows up on eBay. There are several listed right now in small sizes. I put "Louis Poet Blouse" in the search bar. All 7 are listed as new.