Super Contributor

What is an item you wish you could have another of, but can't find anywhere anymore?

This is just meant to be a fun thread...but may actually be one that proves to be helpful!  Someone here just may know where to find that elusive item.

For me, it's a pull-over tunic from Louis Dell'Olio called a poet blouse I bought years ago from QVC. I just enjoy it so much and wish I had another.

Super Contributor

Re: What is an item you wish you could have another of, but can't find anywhere anymore?

For me it would be the fragrance from Bare Escentuals called Escentuals.  It came in shower gel, body lotion, and a spray frangrance.  It was a soft floral with some vanilla and  tonka bean notes I think. I know it is probably available on Ebay, but I would prefer a fresh batch.  Fun thread, reminds me of the scene from P S I Love You  when they were on the lake and Lisa Kudrow's character had her nail polish fall out of their boat.

Trusted Contributor

Re: What is an item you wish you could have another of, but can't find anywhere anymore?

@foggy!  For me it's a comfort item I have not been able to find in months....  CoffeeMate Sugar Free Italian Sweet Cream non dairy creamer.  As someone who cannot tolerate dairy this flavor tasted like a dream for me in my coffee!  Can't get this at all anymore & I live in an area with a lot of grocery store choices.  I know in the scheme of things it's not earth shattering but my coffee cup sure misses it!

Honored Contributor

@foggy! : Best purchase for me was a Susan Graver long midweight 8 gored (sp) . Loved them because conservative, comfortable and classic.  I had so many people make positive comments about the skirt and where it was purchased.The later versions were not thick and they changed the fabric.

Esteemed Contributor

I knew it was summer when I'd purchase OPE nail lacquer in Rainbow. It applied as white but when sun/light hit it -- it took on colors of a prism. Can't find it now. OPE has other colors with the word rainbow in it but I miss my Rainbow.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Frequent Contributor

For me,  it would be another Quacker Factory jacket that had a snowman on the back of it and it said "BELIEVE IN MAGIC".   This was years ago, but I got a black one, a wine colored one, and a navy one.  I wore them all winter, for years!!!!!   Of course, any motiff would work....Santa, Christmas Tree,  Puppies & Kittens playing together in the snow,  a clear night with snow falling on trees, etc.

Honored Contributor

For me, it's a coordinating art print to one that I have now.  I have one of those moody city scapes, with a bridge (of course) done in a retro style.  Years ago, there were coordinating pieces,  one in particular of a skyscraper skyline, done in the same colors by the same artist.

At the time, I wasn't that interested in symmetry, so didn't get the other piece.  Later I regretted it and did an extensive search online, but never found it.  It's just as well though--  my walls have just enough art as it is now.  Will have to thin out before I could add more!

Fun thread of "what might have been".

Respected Contributor

A Sigrid Olsen knitted linen tee shirt. In a hot summer like 2020, all the benefits of linen with none of the wrinkles. Washed perfectly. I found it last October at Marshall's for $7.99 and wore it this summer every week.

Honored Contributor

Peace of mind.

Esteemed Contributor

@nova wrote:

@foggy!  For me it's a comfort item I have not been able to find in months....  CoffeeMate Sugar Free Italian Sweet Cream non dairy creamer.  As someone who cannot tolerate dairy this flavor tasted like a dream for me in my coffee!  Can't get this at all anymore & I live in an area with a lot of grocery store choices.  I know in the scheme of things it's not earth shattering but my coffee cup sure misses it!

My husband and I are right there with you. I miss that creamer so much, its been months since anywhere around here has had it. I know because I try to order it every time I place an order with Wal Mart or Kroger.