Honored Contributor

Re: What is an item you wish you could have another of, but can't find anywhere anymore?

Once upon a time, Avon sold a bath salts that was a turquoise blue and had the freshest scent I ever knew.  I've hunted and hunted, years ago of course, they don't sell it or at least didn't when I was on the hunt.  

I think my last Avon lady came around the 1980's.  That's the most I can remember a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then. LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is an item you wish you could have another of, but can't find anywhere anymore?

@SouthernBee wrote:

@foggy! : Best purchase for me was a Susan Graver long midweight 8 gored (sp) . Loved them because conservative, comfortable and classic.  I had so many people make positive comments about the skirt and where it was purchased.The later versions were not thick and they changed the fabric.

I agree, I loved those! I also loved the trumpet skirts she used to make. 

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

For me its the old style folding metal T.V. dinner tables.  The ones from the 50's and 60's  with the deep rim all around it.  everything today is either flat or has just a little bitty rim around the edge.  Never knew they weren't made anymore til I started looking for them.  I feel ancient!

Check on EBay and when garage sales get growing strong again, you might find some, or flea markets.  Estate Sales may have some too.  

Esteemed Contributor

@foggy! wrote:

This is just meant to be a fun thread...but may actually be one that proves to be helpful!  Someone here just may know where to find that elusive item.

For me, it's a pull-over tunic from Louis Dell'Olio called a poet blouse I bought years ago from QVC. I just enjoy it so much and wish I had another.

@foggy!- Is that THE foggy? The one with the foggetts? If so, I hope you and your foggetts are doing well!! It seems like it's been forever.

Please respond?

Hugs,

Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Regular Contributor

For me two kitchen items.  Ron Popeil's electric pasta maker and his Rotisserie.

I used pasta maker regularly for years until it wore out and my family loved the fresh pasta.

The rotisserie is still working after more than 20 years, but I wish I could replace before this one actually stops.  We use it for prime rib during the holidays.

Super Contributor

Hi ECSG, I looked on QVC, Etsy, ebay, and Amazon but so far its not there.

Thanks for your suggestion tho, its great to have your help.

Super Contributor

Hi Sunny!

I check in here now and then but haven't seen you. What a great surprise to see you today! Hope all are well and you're safe and sound in your new home.

We also moved but are in the same small, coastal school district...We are well and dealing with being homebound by digging up much of the previous owners yard ideas. Its been very physical and I'm really glad for the muscle of most of the kids that are now teens! We have 4 foresty acres and will be busy long term! They groan but surprisingly, they are working well together and the place looks great. Home schooling, or Distance Learning, is a PITA but its what our district offers, along with books,chromebooks, and art class supplies. PE, Shop and Band have been pretty  odd online. They have to send videos of themselves exercising, or building something or baking or painting/sketching, or playing their various instruments....really every class assignment (times 9 kids, each with 7 teachers' class demands) It's a big change for all of us, and fortunately, they are more tech saavy than I am!!  

Our older three are living with their families in big (smokey)cities and we text just often enough for me not to be overly worried. Take care of all your sunala's.

Trusted Contributor

I wish I could find another battery-operated kitchen timer that has a very loud and very long beeping ring, and not just a "ding!"

Super Contributor

Hmm didn't know timers came like that. Would be handy when a teen is using the microwave or toaster oven in the middle of the night....Gotcha!

We had a back-up beeper on our 15 passenger van that drove me batty, until we finally had the oil changing tech dismantle it! 

Honored Contributor

The original Herbal Essence Shampoo, the green stuff. It smelled so good! I can find it on ebay but for a lot of money.