Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is an item you wish you could have another of, but can't find anywhere anymore?

Mine is a cookie - Almonettes is what they are called, not sure if I spelled it right. They are a crescent moon shaped cookie that has a bit of an almond flavor and they are covered in powdered sugar. LOVED those as a kid. Have not seen them in years. I used to wet my finger and scoop up all the remaining powdered sugar left at the bottom of the package. Wish I could find them again.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: What is an item you wish you could have another of, but can't find anywhere anymore?

Finally found the following at Amazon......

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at Tue, Sep 22, 2020-4.33.59 PM.pngproxy-image.jpg

Hasn't been sold in my neck of the woods in decades!!!!!! icon_exclaim.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

A lipstick from Prescriptives called "Mauve." It was discontinued many years ago and I have yet to find anything as "perfect."

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:
Mine is a cookie - Almonettes is what they are called, not sure if I spelled it right. They are a crescent moon shaped cookie that has a bit of an almond flavor and they are covered in powdered sugar. LOVED those as a kid. Have not seen them in years. I used to wet my finger and scoop up all the remaining powdered sugar left at the bottom of the package. Wish I could find them again.

I make these cookies every Christmas but I shape them into balls.  Mine do have chopped almonds in them. I got the recipe from Martha Stewart.

Valued Contributor

I had a grey cashmere long cardigan that I bought at Saks 5th Ave. in NYC close to 30 years ago.  It was so soft and cozy.  I don't usually like cashmere because it feels too warm, scratchy or both.  It developed holes over the years, but I wore it anyway.  I still love it, but only wear it at home now.  I have not found a similar one.  I'll keep it forever.

i

Trusted Contributor

Princess Elizabeth perfume, sold at QVC many years ago. Loved that scent. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A thick linen open weave long sleeve tailored cardigan designed by Louis Dell'Olio in the late 80's or early 90's.  Didn't wrinkle. Haven't seen that unique weave anywhere. 

Well, I wore it out.  Haven't come across it anywhere.

Asked him if he would bring it back, but said it would be too expensive.  If only QVC would give him more money. 

The gals on his blog were interested.  I believe it would be a hit.  

Respected Contributor

Hi @ECBG   Where did you find the hand held tool for bottle and jar opening?  I have one and love it, te handles have finally broke and DH taped them together, but I want to replace it before if breaks completely.  I have forgotten where I bought it.  I though i was in one of our local stores, but haven't been able to find it.  Bet it might have been Kitchen Collection that is now closed.  Thanks for any info

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

For me its the old style folding metal T.V. dinner tables.  The ones from the 50's and 60's  with the deep rim all around it.  everything today is either flat or has just a little bitty rim around the edge.  Never knew they weren't made anymore til I started looking for them.  I feel ancient!

Esteemed Contributor

My youth.   Where in the heck did it go?

@Lucky Charm -- I have a pair of blue Foo Dogs that belonged to my grandmother.  I didn't know anybody even collected them anymore.  

Years ago, I had a beautiful Coldwater Creek denim shirt jacket that I wore till it fell apart.  It had gorgeous colorful embroidery down the front and matched every shirt I owned.  The denim was heavy weight, but soft and stretchy.  It was perfect for fall and winter and I looked good in it.  I miss it this time of year. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt