Honored Contributor

Re: What is a good free email provider?

@Mindy D  Are you using an Apple product?  Since you said you're not using Windows, I assumed Apple.  Apple Mail, which comes with their products, is the email account that I've used for many years.  It's very good.  Is there a reason you're not using it?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Any one of them is fine - Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, apple.

If the problem is AT&T, they have you phone number already so they can just text you.  No email required.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

juno.com

They ask for money?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mindy D    The trouble with Google services is that there's absolutely no way to have human contact.  Talk about frustrating!  I think Congress should divert its attention from Facebook and go after Google.  They rake in the $$$ but don't want to be bothered with customers.  They're so powerful they can paralyze your internet usage with everyine, even your bank.

Can't get in touch with a real person on Facebook either.  

Honored Contributor

@geezerette @I do, but I don't know how to set it up so it can be viewed as a secondary email. I was given an iCloud address, but I only have my main att email set up on my iPad even though I see I have an iCloud email address on my iPad. I never receive any emails sent to my iCloud address. I have to say, I'm beginning to get confused about some of this. I'm not usually confused about tech. 

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining @I do not have a cell phone with them, I have a Tracfone and I never set it up as a secondary backup. Could I do that? 

My husband has a cell with att and he uses gmail. Maybe I could use his cell # to set as my secondary. I'll still have to wait until I get a letter to reset my password though because I can't add in anything until I do that. 

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife @Would you mind letting me know what the reason is that you detest gmail? 

Honored Contributor

I have had a Yahoo email addy for as long as I've had email and that's a looong time. I used Edge as my browser and love it.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@geezerette @I do, but I don't know how to set it up so it can be viewed as a secondary email. I was given an iCloud address, but I only have my main att email set up on my iPad even though I see I have an iCloud email address on my iPad. I never receive any emails sent to my iCloud address. I have to say, I'm beginning to get confused about some of this. I'm not usually confused about tech. 

@Mindy D 

Go into Settings on your Apple device.  Then Mail>Accounts.

You should then see the email addresses you have set up.  If you don't see ICloud, then choose Add Account.  That will give you a list of possible email providers.  Choose iCloud.  Enter your Apple account information.  (Apple email and password)

At that point your iCloud email should be visible in the Mail App, along with your other emails.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D 

Takes a while to forge thru!

Assume a tracphone number could be set up as a backup message site.  I have Verison and an iPhone and they track me down.  

You and DH can set up your messages to filter out non-contacts.  Can still see them and delete as needed.  Confirming messages come right in and are only active for a few minutes.

Easy to set up multiple emails - think up some nics and passwords - set them up - go to the iPad and "add" a mail account with the password.  I have six and two more I don't check.