Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is Wrong with People?

Every scientist I listen to is begging for more tests.  If workers want to go back to work safely, everyone should be tested for the virus.  Not an immunity test.  The extent of immunity for those who have had this virus and survived is yet unknown.  My daughter, a virus survivor, was warned by her doctor not to consider herself immune.  

This is certainly a time for reckoning.  Protestors running around, no masks, risking lives of others.  Protestors in one state, carrying assault weapons, even in state buildings.  States overwhelmed with costs of this pandemic told just to “go bankrupt” by some in national office.

Here are some statistics:

States who give more than they take from the federal government:

New York - 29 Billion 

New Jersey - 18 Billion

Massachusetts - 12 Billion

Connecticut - 9 Billion

California - 6 Billion

Interesting that a representative from Kentucky is pushing the “bankruptcy” solution.  His state takes 37 Billion more from the federal government than it contributes.

And does anyone consider what doing this would do to the stock market and also the vision of our country, with serious financial impact?

Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

It's kind of amazing how selfish some people are today. 

Years ago, people were asked to sacrifice and go to war across the world (the greatest generation) and people today can't even stay home and sit on their couch, most with huge televisions, wi-fi internet, the ability to have food (and now alcohol) delivered, shop on-line 24 hours a day to have it all delivered, and communicate with friends and family around the world at their disposal. 

Well that about says it all ......

Trusted Contributor

I have to say I'm truly stunned by people bashing "freedom" like it's not really necessary. And comparing it to people fighting wars? Um they were going out and losing their lives FOR freedom. 

And I'm a little sick of everyone claiming that it's all because people think a haircut is more important than living. No, some of thnk the people doing those jobs are important and need an income.

Everyone on this board should have to end each post on this subject with two things. If you still have your regular income coming in and if you're using grocery delivery or online ordering. I can't even keep track of the number of people wanting to lock down forever who have no issue having someone else out there working to keep them comfortable.

Also we went from flattening the curve to lower infection rates to who knows what at this point. Maybe someone should be studying where the new infections are coming from during this lockdown.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be considered controversial

Honored Contributor

I think there is a huge difference between those who need to go back to work to be able to have food to eat or not lose their apt/home/hotel room

and those out in the streets with guns and costumes talking about freedom-or those talking about being bored and having to get a haircut, go to the mall etc.

None of this was handled well at all

for those suffering and dying from the virus and those suffering from lack of income, food, losing their home, with supposed to be funds going to especially minimum wage earners, hourly workers, that never happened.

Unemployment applications that aren't happening with no response from hours on hold.

People who have to stand in food lines but still distancing themselves 6 feet apart contrasting with arrogant people with guns for what?! demonstrating with no regard for anyone who gets infected by the crowds.

And I will bet that those who have enough money to stand out in the street with guns, ammunition, elaborate costumes, have themselves enough money and food

to get them through their many ugly protests.

They could be spending their time volunteering at handing out food to those long lines, or volunteering to help with the morgues, or first responders, so many other ways they could live their lives.

They surely are not giving their lives to stand beside the thousands dying every day and don't care that they may right now be giving someone next to them and next to them the virus.

And yet they are getting applause?

Unforgiveable. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

What good is that job if you have lost loved ones because of the rush to get back to work to make money!!??  Many think this is something that wouldn't happen to them but just pay attention to all the stories about multiple loseses in families and how fast the spread is!  Realize how many have died because of a chance few seconds of being in contact with someone unknowlingly infected with it!  Yes it happens that fast and each one being in  the vacinity of that one person now is probably responsible for spreading it and on and on!  The more lives that are lost, the less businesses have to staff their businesses also!!  Common sense has nothing to do with whether anyone has no income now or not.  Who really wants to support a business that has possibly infected workers on staff since no testing is still available to constantly test on the level of the politicians!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dh and I ventured into Wal Mart yesterday, because I wanted fruit and I wanted to pick it out myself. 

The wal mart workers were weraing masks. Very few shoppers were wearing masks, and I got a look of clear annoyance from one unmasked lady. 

Super Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

This obsession with Freeeee-dom kills me. Is it the freedom to run around with guns bigger than they are, to wear clothes with offensive symbols, to eat Ding Dongs and drink beers?

Their lives are so meaningless they just let others tell them what to think and how to act.  Pathetic.

Thank you! I think this all the time. Bunch of losers with Failed Life Syndrome strapping on their assault rifles at any chance they get and parade around. Spouting freedom but then protesting when black athletes peacefully take a knee. Go back home and drink your Bud Light losers.

Respected Contributor

moonlady wrote:
Kachina624

You may have spoken to 2 nurses who were "disgusted." However, I and the rest of the public, have been treated to more than 2 nurses who were...disgusting.

Let's see...the nurses protesting while not, themselves,social distancing, the "Tik-Tok" nurses, who think it's amusing to pretend to be carrying a dead CV victim, the FL nurse who took a burn when she saw an elderly man's mask that his wife made for him, and posted on his account to be sure to wear it if he came to the ER, so that they'd know who NOT to allow to use a respirator, the nurses raising a public stink because they're "first responders," but weren't allowed to cut in front of other shoppers...

Hardly the ones I'd want to confer "hero" status on, even considering how low that bar has become.

Since you brought it up. I saw that too, plus many others like healthcare workers dancing/twerking in the halls or using a gurney as a 'boat' and 'rowing' down the hall, while someone pushes it along... I can't figure it out! What's up with that?

Honored Contributor

Anybody who doubts the seriousness of this situation should look at Gallup, New Mexico right now.  The city is in total lockdown.