Respected Contributor

Re: What is Wrong with People?

[ Edited ]

@MorningLover wrote:
moonlady wrote:
Kachina624

You may have spoken to 2 nurses who were "disgusted." However, I and the rest of the public, have been treated to more than 2 nurses who were...disgusting.

Let's see...the nurses protesting while not, themselves,social distancing, the "Tik-Tok" nurses, who think it's amusing to pretend to be carrying a dead CV victim, the FL nurse who took a burn when she saw an elderly man's mask that his wife made for him, and posted on his account to be sure to wear it if he came to the ER, so that they'd know who NOT to allow to use a respirator, the nurses raising a public stink because they're "first responders," but weren't allowed to cut in front of other shoppers...

Hardly the ones I'd want to confer "hero" status on, even considering how low that bar has become.

Since you brought it up. I saw that too, plus many others like healthcare workers dancing/twerking in the halls or using a gurney as a 'boat' and 'rowing' down the hall, while someone pushes it along... I can't figure it out! What's up with that?

It's called blowing off steam in an impossibly stressful and life-threatening situation. A  pressure relief valve. Sometimes called gallow's humor. It's a way of coping with the horrors and death around them. Don't put them down until you have walked in their shoes. You may not approve but your feelings are irrelevent unless you experience what they have.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: What is Wrong with People?

From my trips to New mexico, cities are sparce out and away from bigger cities, lots of poor people.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.