Trusted Contributor

Re: What is Wrong with People?

@chessylady wrote:

The virus knows no " sides". There are only the living and the dead. When the science is ignored, there is more death. Texas and Georgia have already shown increases in contagion. We need to lower the curve, test more people and do more contact tracing. This is what New York is doing. 

New York has herd immunity happening at a rapid pace.  

The science says 85% sail through this like it's nothing, all of the models were wrong, the mortality rate is very low, we're drowning in ventilators, hospitals are empty...just how long do we sit at home without regular medical care?  As it is, hundreds of thousands of businesses are likely going to close, and a recession is probable because we panicked.  1,800 a week die every week during the regular flu season, 250,000 die each year because of medical error, and this sends us into $30+ trillion in debt.  What do we do when something comes along with a 20% mortality rate if this nearly crippled us?

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor

This obsession with Freeeee-dom kills me. Is it the freedom to run around with guns bigger than they are, to wear clothes with offensive symbols, to eat Ding Dongs and drink beers?

Their lives are so meaningless they just let others tell them what to think and how to act.  Pathetic.

Honored Contributor

There are many entitled people today.  They want what they want and they want it now.  They expect for someone to give it to them immediately.

They do not understand self sacrifice and they lack empathy.  No, has never meant no.  It means maybe and if you keep screaming, the final answer will be yes.

It's not just about COVID; they have grown up acting like this.  When I am around young children, many of them are like this already as are their parents.  There are hundreds of reasons why they would and will do as they want to,and not as they are told.  Heavens forbid if anyone tries to get them to think of others before themselves.

Thankfully, not everyone is like this, but there sure are enough of them to make a difference.  

My favorite words to my own children while they were growing up would be worth telling these protesters.

" Everyone has to go to the school of hard knocks, but you don't have to graduate Magna ****** laude."

Trusted Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

Me, me, me......   And to be protesting because they want to go to the beach!

The pictures on tv over past months have not been given any thought because 

"I" and "me" were not involved.    No, it's not about getting business or economy back.  Ridiculous!

No, it's about survival.  And life.  What other disease has 85% going through it with no to mild symptoms, and a low mortality? Is it worth the debt, or a depression?

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@NEvans2 wrote:

So my question to all these people in various states and counties around the country is, if your protesting and ignoring  the social distancing and wearing of masks would cause a second surge of this horrendous virus, would you give up your ventilator so someone who did follow the rules could have one? Think about that.

We now have a surplus of ventilators, and we're sending them overseas.

Even doctors are saying we overreacted, and the masks are actually not all that worthwhile.  One figure I heard was that 40% of the transmissions were through the eye, and since most gloved and masked people are still touching their faces, oops.

Doctors on Fox say anything.  The social distancing worked.   You have personally have figured out  the problem of transmission that have stumped the whole world for ages.  Wow 

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76  You offered a perspective I had not thought of. Well said!!!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Regular Contributor

I am in California.  I find it very hard to believe these people are all from California.  Everyone I know think they are a bunch of idiots. 

Trusted Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Arrogance, ignorance, selfishness, taking away freedoms of those who are doing what they should do and listening to experts, not buffoons and unstable people, this is what I think about it.  I am not saying each and every person is wrong but sadly those who do go out with masks and keep distance are in in harm's way because of the wrong doers.

I will add those imbeciles with their assault rifles and guns who are storming the state house and trying to intimidate others are a disgrace to this country.  It has nothing to do with freedom, the motives behind it are far from that.  My opinion.

If we surrender every freedom we have for a disease where herd immunity is easy to build, and the mortality rate is low, we'll have no freedoms left.  Look how easily we caved is the message.  

Respected Contributor

I applaud them.  

Trusted Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

This obsession with Freeeee-dom kills me. Is it the freedom to run around with guns bigger than they are, to wear clothes with offensive symbols, to eat Ding Dongs and drink beers?

Their lives are so meaningless they just let others tell them what to think and how to act.  Pathetic.

Who wants their freedom, and who will give it up readily.  Kind of obvious.