Honored Contributor

Re: What is QVC's obsession w/.......

QVC is in business to make money.  They, like all businesses order what they know will sell.

Apparently, they sell a lot of them....people are buying,so they will continue to order them.

QVC is in millions of homes...that means there are millions of shoppers.

When people stop buying them, they will no longer offer them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

My experience with Cuddle Duds is that they use cheap polyester fabric and the cheapest method of construction to manufacture them.  They fit strangely, unlike any other Q clothing.  Can't stand to sleep in non-breathable fabric that causes me to wake up sweating.  After a few bad experiences I learned to avoid the whole line.  Its all K-mart quality.  I'm surprised QVC even sell such a cheesy product.

@Kachina624 @LindaSal 

I totally agree with you.....I bought some Cuddle Duds pajamas and the fabric quality was very poor and pilled and despite going by what the vendor said and using the size chart the fit was terrible.........I'll stick with Carol Hochman...........

And the Muk Luk socks were awful too they had a large seam near the toe area that was uncomfortahle and the fit was bad too....

Im not impressed with either brand....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I have to agree with @Kachina624 .  I bought some Cuddl duds leggings a few years ago and they pilled so badly, I had never seen anything like it.  That's with washing cold on gentle and hang drying.   That made me totally avoid the brand and I certainly don't feel I am missing anything.  Same for me with Muk Luks socks, one wash and holes in the toe area!!   Unreal.

I have never had a Cuddle Dud pill, but I only put them in the dryer for 3 minutes.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

QVC is in business to make money.  They, like all businesses order what they know will sell.

Apparently, they sell a lot of them....people are buying,so they will continue to order them.

QVC is in millions of homes...that means there are millions of shoppers.

When people stop buying them, they will no longer offer them.

@Carmie    Cuddl Duds and Muk Luksare primarily "grandma" products.  At Christmas, grandma must buy her kids and grandkids gifts.  What to get that everyone can use and the fit doesn't have to be exact?  Nightwear, of course.  Every retailers knows this is the singular most popular Christmas item.  They're cheap, colorful and can even be bought in matching sets.  So cute, right?

When I worked part-time in a JC Penney catalog call center, we'd completely run out of all nightwear by December First.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624    I am neutral on Muk Luks because I have a couple of their PJs I love.   And I really like Ann Wiggins who I think is very sweet and love her kitty, Nibbles.

however, noteveryone sleeps hot.   I am just the opposite

I mistakenly ordered  the CD Pjs TSV and it was as you say cheap junk.   I returned so I wouldn't have to look at a giant mistake in my drawers.  But it doesn't bother me in the least bit what QVC chooses to sell.   Apparently CD and MukLuks appeals to a large swath of customers otherwise they wouldn't be selling them

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 @Carmie 

I feel the same way about most Denim&Co. but it's a popular line.  Their side pocket pants that they;ve been selling since inception are the ugliest things I've ever seen.  Not even the cutest models can make them look good.  But go figure.  So someone is buying them and I suspect it's those "grandmas" who are buying CD and Muk Luks

Super Contributor

@godi wrote:

They overdo on whatever sells the most. 

@godi That was my thought.