Honored Contributor

First , this is an honest question. I've read many posts complaining about " The Age of Possibility ," programming. We all know that many of the hosts are polarizing, sone beloved, others barely tolerated. The style of presenting is another  issue because some like the entertainment, others would rather just the facts. I honestly don't know what direction the Q should go in, but I appreciate that they are trying to be relavent in a difficult retail environment. I admit I don't watch much , but I do want QVC to survive as I enjoy shopping the Website. I'm no marketing genius, so I don't know the answer, however I do know that the tv presentations just don't appeal to me anymore. It might be my age, because I used to have QVC on all of the time. What do you all enjoy, if anything on the Q ? 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: What is QVC To Do

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1.  I think it's  pretty clear.  The group here on the community forums is a tiny minority.  The Facebook Group for the Age of Possibility has about half a million participants.

A lot of people are loving this stuff.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@QVCkitty1.  I think it's  pretty clear.  The group here on the community forums is a tiny minority.  The Facebook Group for the Age of Possibility has about half a million participants.

A lot of people are loving this stuff.

@Kachina624 , That's interesting, I don't follow the Facebook groups, so I appreciate the info. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 @Kachina624  I like that the Q is having new shows, new vendors, new items - do I like it all, no, but I like that they are trying different things.  I also think that some of the new customers aren't turning into the channel per se but they're shopping from facebook, podcasts, livestreams, influencers, etc.  

Super Contributor

True....if you want to reach the over 70 audience, use "Facebook"..... use over 70 models, show Alfred Dunner style clothes, etc. Remember if someone tells you something over and over and over again, you begin to believe it as fact. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont blame QVC for any of their programing I dont like.  They are in the selling business and they do what they have to do to sell their products.

I watch what I enjoy, like,  and purchase when I find what I need or want.  

What I do find fault with is their choice of a certain person for the program Age of Possibility.  I would probably watch if it was not for her.  I have not used any of her products but it seems it is liked by many.  Im not saying she should be eliminated as a vendor just on hosting this particular show and I think she is a terrible influence on the other hosts.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't watch as much as I used to but I still shop just as much - online.  I'll tune into a show and be disgusted with the host(s) after just a few minutes so I stop watching.

I think that's the biggest problem for me - some of the hosts.  And yes - one particular extremely loud mouth non-host/former vendor who indeed does have an influence on the other hosts who are on with her.  I don't care for the sex talk, bathroom "humor",  and potty mouth

I think QVC's problem was in losing business (as were many businesses due to Covid and the economy/people having less money to spend) they first thought they should be appealing to younger viewers who of course were not watching.  Now they're trying to win back the over 50 crowd with this Age of Possibility nonsense.  They don't seem to know what to do or what they're doing.  I for one find this Age of Possibiity offensive.  I'm way beyond 50 - I'm beyond 70.  These hosts who are 50ish - even 60ish - have no idea.  It's sort of like 20-somethings demonstrating wrinkle cream.

QVC should go back to threir original concept - just sell products.   Forget the so-called entertainment.  And forget trying to help women who are "aging."  Except maybe with skin and othrer products.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I watch a fraction of what I used to.

All these marketing ploys toward older women are excuses for obnoxious host/guest behavior while selling the same old, same old stuff.  

Hosts are not my friends or acquantances. I do not want to see them act like teenagers, tell personal stories, be obnoxious, scream over each other, pretend to buy a product, etc etc. 

Q's strange version of entertainment is not mine.

Honored Contributor

@soozer wrote:

True....if you want to reach the over 70 audience, use "Facebook"..... use over 70 models, show Alfred Dunner style clothes, etc. Remember if someone tells you something over and over and over again, you begin to believe it as fact. 

I'm over 70 and those things send me the opposite direction.  LOL

Valued Contributor

Will it be possible to stop the age thing?  Hope so.  The products we choose have little to do with age.  QVC might do better if they just stop the endless hours spent on one item.  It is boring!  You look at the daily shows and it is the same items with different hosts!  And annoying silly yapping hosts are a turn off!  One reason folks like Valerie Parr Hill is her demeanor and calming voice.  And she gets to the details of the product early on...not a lot of trailing off on other topics.  Merchandise is another problem.  There are so many fashion lines and they overlap on what is offered.  There are how many jeans?  Sneakers?  Yet rarely do I see maxi or simple midi dresses or robes.  Color palettes are all too similar.  Most colors are too intense or harsh.  Even in home decor the colors are hard to fit into our existing homes.  Lately it is scented candles and pumpkins to the point of being overkill.  Jewelry concentrates on affinity whatever and jai.  Again, boring.  I checked online and you are good if you want a cross or heart pendant but 

try and find a nice initial pendant.  Try and find a gold snake chain.  Yet there are many many many multiple thousands of dollars diamond rings!  They all look alike!  Food shows  offer a lesser price with excess quantity.  Great if you have a walk in freezer or large pantry but offensive if you just want six.  Especially if it is a new item you want to try.  And many times the food items are not wonderful.  I hate white and milk chocolate but love dark chocolate.  Most offerings are a mixture so why buy if you hate white chocolate?  Most of the good for us food is off the charts expensive.  It might be better for an Anderson seafood or Rastelli meat of offer more combo packages.  So there is a lot wrong right now and I hope one day they get it right.