Respected Contributor

Re: What in the world is happening to this forum......?????

@goodstuff wrote:

Biancardi said:

Geez, moderators - among friends is not viewpoints, which I am assuming community chat has been renamed to that bland name

I fondly remember when the Q had World, News and Views.  I guess we ladies are just supposed to chat about community, but whose community? 

Sit down and be quiet, Biancardi.  The QVC Moderators will now tell you who your friends are, what group you are in, and what you can say here.  Wait for instructions, and don't get out of line.

Hahahahaha......and while you're at it.....don't forget the horrible emoties!!!

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

It is counterproductive in terms of traffic to eliminate so many subtopics yet keep both Among Friends and Community Chat.  One of these forums negates tne necessity of the other.  

They are supposed to be different.  Community Chat is a lame name - but it is supposed be the new Viewpoints, which is different from Among Friends.  Also, I may not be among friends in community chat - lol  Smiley LOLSmiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PeterDM wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

they need to leave among friends ALONE.

Geez, moderators - among friends is not viewpoints, which I am assuming community chat has been renamed to that bland name

I fondly remember when the Q had World, News and Views.  I guess we ladies are just supposed to chat about community, but whose community? 

I don't understand what "Among Friends" is supposed to be, and how does it differ from "Community Chat?"  

It really isn't much different.  People seem to have "assumed" that Viewpoints was renamed Community Chat.  Was that specifically announced by Q?  Not to my knowledge.  It was assumed by a process of elimination I guess.

If Among Friends is being moved to Community Chat it is probably because 1) They are not really different given the rules against controversial subjects, and/or 2) There isn't much going on (i.e. not much movement) in Community Chat so that the 2 areas can be combined.  Just my thoughts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PeterDM wrote:

It is counterproductive in terms of traffic to eliminate so many subtopics yet keep both Among Friends and Community Chat.  One of these forums negates tne necessity of the other.  

In the past, you could be religious Among Friends but not in Viewpoints.

Honored Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

@goodstuff wrote:

Biancardi said:

Sit down and be quiet, Biancardi.  The QVC Moderators will now tell you who your friends are, what group you are in, and what you can say here.  Wait for instructions, and don't get out of line.

BWHAHAHA - that was so me as a little girl!  Always in trouble!  haha

Didn't work then ... surely won't now.  : O )

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I hope they aren't merging those 2 forums.  The ladies in among friends are nice & all, but I had no interest for the most part in their topics, as I am sure they didn't for the ones in viewpoints.

it is a totally different representation of posters - there are some people who do cross post, but for the most part, among friends was a support group forum

viewpoints was not.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Trusted Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

They are supposed to be different.  Community Chat is a lame name - but it is supposed be the new Viewpoints, which is different from Among Friends.  Also, I may not be among friends in community chat - lol  Smiley LOLSmiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue

I still don't understand the difference.  If I walk into my neighborhood community center and the room is divided in half with one side designated "Community Chat," while the other "Among Friends," I'm not sure I'd know which side I should be visiting.  Even "Viewpoints" vs. "Among Friends" doesn't make sense to me.  Both seem to be about discussing general topics.  If they're going to consolidate Books and TV (which, by the way is extremely insulting to people who are readers and have no interest in the real housewives of Perth Amboy), then they can certainly consolidate "Among Friends" and "Community Chat."

Super Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

I hope they aren't merging those 2 forums.  The ladies in among friends are nice & all, but I had no interest for the most part in their topics, as I am sure they didn't for the ones in viewpoints.

it is a totally different representation of posters - there are some people who do cross post, but for the most part, among friends was a support group forum

viewpoints was not.

Looking for the Pharmacy forum tofday. Nitrous Oxide anyone? Geez!

Honored Contributor

I'm not getting your point, JuJu.
Super Contributor

Just frustration.