Respected Contributor

Re: What if masks were available and free?

Most people would settle for just "available." But even if they were, they wouldn't remain available for long--not with today's hoarder mentality. They hoard, and then they brag about it.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@granddi wrote:

It seems that unless or until a treatment or vaccine we have few options for staying healthy. Our only options are self quarantine, social distancing, face masks, hand washing and personal healthy habits (avoid touching face, eating well, mental health).

What if N95 masks were readily available to all at no or little cost?

What if disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer was free or at little cost? We are told that the virus is airborne and can linger on surfaces. 

What if testing was available at no cost? If you are infected you will know and will be less likely to spead. 

What if it was easier and cheaper to get people the tools they need to reduce the risk of being infected rather than self isolation? This might be the only and best option unless or until a treatment or vaccine is available. 

@granddi 

???    Maybe I'm not understanding your point ... so masks were free ... so what?    

Mask   Mask   Mask

Not just masks. N95 masks. Those can protect you. The cloth and disposable garbage we're wearing will protect others from our virus if we're sick to some extent, but won't protect us. Distancing helps a lot, but people are starting to forget about it, or like some here, will deliberately endanger you by failing to stay 6' away. So if you're in risk categories, you need an N95 mask.

Trusted Contributor

@granddi  Well for all the 'free' items you suggest I imagine you don't live here in NY.  Well, I use the term 'free' loosely  -  free for those who claim they can't.  The burden lies on the hardworking taxpayers.  You can get just about ANYTHING for free in this now what has become the number one sanctuary state -- beyond ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Double post

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@granddi  Well for all the 'free' items you suggest I imagine you don't live here in NY.  Well, I use the term 'free' loosely  -  free for those who claim they can't.  The burden lies on the hardworking taxpayers.  You can get just about ANYTHING for free in this now what has become the number one sanctuary state -- beyond ridiculous.

@fitfuninformed, well, I have what is probably the opposite of your POV; plus, you go way off topic bringing up "sanctuary state."This isn't a political thread; in fact, politics is supposed to be off limits.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hahahaha, that YouTube video is ridiculous. Even if it didn't state at the bottom of the description that it is "entertainment" (which it does), it would be conspiracy theory at its "finest."

@Nightowlz 

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

It seems that unless or until a treatment or vaccine we have few options for staying healthy. Our only options are self quarantine, social distancing, face masks, hand washing and personal healthy habits (avoid touching face, eating well, mental health).

What if N95 masks were readily available to all at no or little cost?

What if disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer was free or at little cost? We are told that the virus is airborne and can linger on surfaces. 

What if testing was available at no cost? If you are infected you will know and will be less likely to spead. 

What if it was easier and cheaper to get people the tools they need to reduce the risk of being infected rather than self isolation? This might be the only and best option unless or until a treatment or vaccine is available. 

@granddi 

According to some, ‘the masks and PPE are available to anyone who wants them, all one has to do is ask.’

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Social distancing is free and yet people aren't doing it.  Is it really that hard to stay 6' away from someone?  

I totally agree with you.

My husband and I started to notice last week--and again this week in our area--that more people started to go out and about and they weren't wearing masks and they weren't watching their distance from others, either.

Our governor here in Wisconsin has our state on Safer-At-Home for roughly 3 more weeks yet. The Covid Virus is still peaking here.

When we were getting some groceries at a supermarket last week, a woman just about slammed into me, trying to rush past me. She wasn't wearing a mask either and as she rushed past me she said something.

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@mominohio wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

After what I just watched I'm not wearing mine anymore. Not staying home. Doing what I want to do. Hard to believe what's going on right before our eyes. I knew this was happening but now I know it's true. I'm not nuts.

@Nightowlz 

What did you just watch?

@mominohio 

The video posted that was deleted. I knew all along these things were happening but people think you are crazy. Makes me sick.  

So you found some YT that confirmed your beliefs. If that gives you comfort, I wish you well. But the fact that you now have something to reference for not taking any precautions is more than worrisome, both for you and anyone you have contact with. @Nightowlz 

I agree with you, SuzyQ. 

It's definitely not a good idea to believe some of the things that we read/see online. 

I personally think that we need to proceed with caution and think carefully about what we read and see. 

I also believe that we should use the common sense that we have been given. If we're not sure of something that we've seen, then I personally think that we should also run the information past someone else that we trust. Smiley Happy

What I'll do sometimes is ask my husband, "Wait a minute, does this sound right to you..?!" 

In the event that it's health information, if there's something on my mind of a serious nature, I'll discuss it with one of our health care providers. 

Honored Contributor

I think if they were free, people still would not wear them.  Some just don't want to bother with them or think they should have to wear them.  It's o.k. for others to do it, but not them,

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin