Valued Contributor

Re: What if masks were available and free?

@granddi 

Wouldn't it be nice if the things we need to protect ourselves were readily available? Not just to the privileged, wealthy, politicians, etc...i.e. to the general public. 

All the so called experts surely must realize people cannot be expected to be held like caged animals in their homes indefinitely. 

Super Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

After what I just watched I'm not wearing mine anymore. Not staying home. Doing what I want to do. Hard to believe what's going on right before our eyes. I knew this was happening but now I know it's true. I'm not nuts.

I'm not taking their vaccine either. Not even if they try to mandate it.

That is one of the most unbelievably selfish statements that I have ever heard. The anti-intellectual anti-science money is more valuable than human lives brigade is going to get us all killed. The lack of intelligence and basic human decency of the protesters and the people who refuse to help keep everyone safe is absolutely staggering. 

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Regular Contributor

@Nightowlz    Please feel free to live your life any way you want but please do not come to the emergency room where I work if you become sick with the virus through your own carelessness.  I am already busy taking care of  far too many sick patients and praying that I won't get sick and spread it to my family.  Please do what whatever you want.  You will be just fine....... or will you?

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

After what I just watched I'm not wearing mine anymore. Not staying home. Doing what I want to do. Hard to believe what's going on right before our eyes. I knew this was happening but now I know it's true. I'm not nuts.

@Nightowlz 

What did you just watch?

@Mominohio 

The video posted that was deleted. I knew all along these things were happening but people think you are crazy. Makes me sick.  

that video was fake news 

@lovescats 

No it's not.

@Nightowlz I missed the link. Could you please tell me what the anme of it is and I can find it myself.  Was it on youtube?

I thought this discussion was poofed on another thread.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not giving this a lot of thought before I answer - but I think most people would be interested in testing. At our core, we're curious and concerned about our health. 

Free masks and gloves? People with low annoyance levels will still feel their rights are being violated. I don't think it would make a difference for them.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

I'm not giving this a lot of thought before I answer - but I think most people would be interested in testing. At our core, we're curious and concerned about our health. 

Free masks and gloves? People with low annoyance levels will still feel their rights are being violated. I don't think it would make a difference for them.  

And they would only be in line for them because, well they're free.

Super Contributor

@granddi Don't know about free, but I think there should be enough hand sanitizer and masks and disinfecting wipes available for sale before restrictions are loosened. Can't believe we can't even buy the basics to stay safe and will not be able to for quite some time according to the Lysol and Clorox companies referring to the shortage of wipes and spray disinfectant.

Respected Contributor

To shop in a store or ride public transit, San Franciscans must now wear a face covering. But before you roll a cart into the Safeway, check your mask.

Does it have an external one-way valve about the size of a quarter? If so, you could be barred from entry.

The valves, typically found on some N95 respirator masks to make breathing easier, are not allowed under the city’s most recent COVID-19 mask directive.

However, if an N95 mask has an external valve, it does an inadequate job of protecting others who come near the wearer. If that person should cough or sneeze through the valve, unfiltered droplets could travel through the opening and potentially contact anyone in range, according to the San Francisco Department of Health.

https://sf.gov/information/masks-and-face-coverings-coronavirus-outbreak 

How would free masks be paid for?  it isn't that hard to make your own and you can wash it.   

Respected Contributor

@granddi good try but I don’t think you’re getting through.

Example - I know people that still don’t wear seatbelts!?!?

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am with you!  I believe there is a much bigger issue going on,  I will wear masks when in close proximity of other folks, so all feel comfortable, but that's it.  It is bad for healthy people to wear them for long periods (doctors will tell you that).  There has actually been a few car accidents cause people were wearing them in their car with the windows up.