Esteemed Contributor

Re: What if O.J. Simpson is innocent?

Has anyone else ever thought about this ---- this was the ultimate horror movie.

Nicole knew and even predicted that one day O.J. would kill her and get away with it.

And to think, people CHEERED and applauded, when O.J. was declared "not guilty."

SHUDDER

Truth is always more horrifying than fiction!!!!

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Has anyone else ever thought about this ---- this was the ultimate horror movie.

Nicole knew and even predicted that one day O.J. would kill her and get away with it.

And to think, people CHEERED and applauded, when O.J. was declared "not guilty."

SHUDDER

Truth is always more horrifying than fiction!!!!

I didn't 'cheer' but I understood how he was not convicted.  This is what happens with an overzealous prosecution that is ill prepared in the courtroom.

Respected Contributor

i disagree @SydneyH

mistakes were made, but very, very few.  the judge was ill equipped for this kind of trial and the defense played every different trick in the book.  of course that's what they're paid for.

a disgrace all around

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

i disagree @SydneyH

mistakes were made, but very, very few.  the judge was ill equipped for this kind of trial and the defense played every different trick in the book.  of course that's what they're paid for.

a disgrace all around

A star crossed judge didn't help, agreed.  However the defense did what they were supposed to do, if I was on trial for my life......I'd expect nothing less even though I'm not a national sports icon/movie star.

Esteemed Contributor

It also ticked me off that her own family didn't seem to respect her. They cried when he was acquitted but their comments to the press were disrespectful to Nicole IMHO

Esteemed Contributor

@TeezNu wrote:

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@TeezNu

oj had an unstable/violent temper too.

True that, and OJ was eventually convicted of other stuff.

And was found guilty in the civil case....

Esteemed Contributor

@TeezNu wrote:

@The Bri21 wrote:

I don't know how the jury lives with themselves.  They set a murderer free 

Because the defense made it about race, even by implication, and the jury was looking for a reason to find him innocent.

And all that DNA evidence was disregarded Woman Sad an absolute disgrace...

Respected Contributor

Even though he was not punished for the murders he committed, I am grateful he is in jail for other crimes, unable to harm others.  I would like to see him remain there.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

If you followed the trial & remember all the evidence presented there is absolutely no way that anyone can conclude that O.J. was innocent!! He was & still remains guilty as hell!! There was absolutely no way that the jury was going to convict him!!

He will probably be paroled!! I hope he lives out the rest of his life in misery & burns in hell where he belongs!! He ruined a lot of lives including his own family!!! My heart still breaks for the Simpsons & the Goldbergs!!!

.....Goldmans.....

Honored Contributor

The prosecution was so sure of conviction based on the past physical abuse and human nature that would assume that becase he did beat her then he just had to be guilty of killing her!  I thought the jurors did the only thing they could since the evidence was tainted by the LAPD and could not be  relied on.  If I were ever on trial I would want such a consciencious jury that wouldn't judge on their personal feelings but do their job of using only the evidence presented and the LAPD and prosecution messed up big time in this case!!  I also fault her parents somewhat for pushing her to stay with him for the fame and car dealership business!  There were too many inconsistencies to say without a doubt that he was definitely guilty.  I never cared for him but still cannot say that he was definitely guilty!