Respected Contributor

Re: What 'how you hook your bra' says about you

@ROMARY wrote:

I ran across an old movie: 'Shaggy Dog' (1959),   Anyway, the character 'Francesca', played by Roberta Shore, was wearing one of those 'pointed' bras (called 'bullet' bras) underneath her sweater.  Anyone here recall anyone in real life wearing those 'pointed' bras?  I'm guessing in the 1950's.  Wouldn't it be a hoot to see that retro style return?

I was too young for bras in the 50s, but do remember being fascinated by those shown in the Frederick's of Hollywood ads in the back of magazines.  I was to learn a few years later that we aren't really shaped like that.  Don't ask me why I did not look at my mother as an exampleWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

I was also too young for bras in the 50s, having been born toward the middle of that decade.

But I've seen the super pointy bra in movies/shows, etc, and well of course on Madonna.  Smiley Happy      I kind of don't get it.   

Does anybody know of a reason why one would want to look all pointy like that?  Did men make these things and maybe it served to satisfy some kind of weird fantasy for them?   Yeah, that's probably it.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I ran across an old movie: 'Shaggy Dog' (1959),   Anyway, the character 'Francesca', played by Roberta Shore, was wearing one of those 'pointed' bras (called 'bullet' bras) underneath her sweater.  Anyone here recall anyone in real life wearing those 'pointed' bras?  I'm guessing in the 1950's.  Wouldn't it be a hoot to see that retro style return?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼