Valued Contributor

Re: What 'how you hook your bra' says about you

This whole "theory" is stupid, stupid, stupid!  When I first started wearing, I could hook in the back, no problem.  My mother was a 36A and taught me to fasten in the back.  In the small sizes, it's relatively easy 'cause there's only 1 hook.  However, as I needed bigger and bigger sizes, those things came with rows of 3 or 4 hooks.  Makes a big difference!  And that's how I became "An Infuencer."

stock-vector-funny-smile-with-and-red-lingerie-with-white-polka-dots-a-series-of-adult-party-95232670.jpg

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can put a bra on over your head?????   I never even thought of that.

I have been an influencer my whole life, I guess.

Honored Contributor

Who rememebers "training bras"?  I thought, what are we training them for?  I mean I can well remember my Mother getting my first one and my cousin- a male of course- would tease me brutally over that..  Had I known when I was that young about other things, well I'd of made fun of his manhood hadn't developed yet, LOL ...  OK back on hooking..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

You have to wonder why anybody would devote time for this type of research lol.

Honored Contributor

I realize that not everything in life has to be serious, and it is fine to enjoy silly little discussions like this, but to call this scientific research and then make conclusions from it is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe the human behavior expert who made these ridiculous statements could spend some time researching something much more valuable about human behavior. 

For the record I put mine on by bending forward and fastening in the back - the way my mom taught me. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I realize that not everything in life has to be serious, and it is fine to enjoy silly little discussions like this, but to call this scientific research and then make conclusions from it is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe the human behavior expert who made these ridiculous statements could spend some time researching something much more valuable about human behavior. 

For the record I put mine on by bending forward and fastening in the back - the way my mom taught me. 

@wilma

I don't think anyone here considers this actual 'scientific research', that's what this thread is.....poking fun at all of the meaningless, so-called 'research' that somebody must spend $$$ to do or have done.

For what??

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I hook it in front, then turn it around. When I hook it in back, I usually miss hooks. Certain styles I step into & pull up.

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sailor moon wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

how do men by the age of 18 know the exact thumb and finger maneuver to unhook up to 4 bra hooks in the dark without looking

is there a certain personality trait for the ones who do this quickly under layers of garments

They practice on each other with big Sis's bra, maybe.

So... the guy ,with the biggest moobs, wears the bra while the other guys practice unhooking it?

@sailor_moon

No, one puts it on the other & he has to undo it himself, behind his back with one hand, then the others take a turn. 

That's what my brother & his friends did, we caught 'em! LOL!

ROTFLMBO😹

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

how do men by the age of 18 know the exact thumb and finger maneuver to unhook up to 4 bra hooks in the dark without looking

is there a certain personality trait for the ones who do this quickly under layers of garments

They practice on each other with big Sis's bra, maybe.

They watch the episode of Happy Days where Fonzie shows the guys how to do that using a bra fitted onto a radiator in the boys bathroom at Arnold's.Woman LOL

Seems like the research dollars would have been better served on breast cancer research & education.

Honored Contributor

I ran across an old movie: 'Shaggy Dog' (1959),   Anyway, the character 'Francesca', played by Roberta Shore, was wearing one of those 'pointed' bras (called 'bullet' bras) underneath her sweater.  Anyone here recall anyone in real life wearing those 'pointed' bras?  I'm guessing in the 1950's.  Wouldn't it be a hoot to see that retro style return?

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).