Esteemed Contributor

Re: What have you thrown away by accident?

[ Edited ]

Title to a  used car that I had  bought  before  I had a chance to go to the DMV .  Somehow it was in a leather  case and   it was placed in a box that I donated to the Salvation Army . I never did retrieve it as Salvation Army  would not let me look for the box that  I dropped off to them in person .  The owner of the car was some old  man who   would not obtain another title to be signed over to me either . Big mess .

Respected Contributor

I had a Ben Nighthorse turquoise ring that I wanted to keep safe while I was out of town.  I "hid" it in an empty tampon box in my linen closet.   I cleaned out that empty box and only later remembered what I did when I was looking for the ring.  It is in a landfill in South Carolina.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

14K White gold hoop earrings. I'm still sick to my stomach about it.

Respected Contributor

I threw away a pair of pricey earrings. The clerk had put them in the bag with some clothing items I purchased. I did not miss them for a few days. I remembered her putting them in the bag; just my stupidity for not taking them out when I removed the clothing. When I realized what had happened trash pick up had come and gone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A 1k pair of diamond stud earrings back in the early 90's.  We went to a Christmas party and the Dallas Cowboys game had already started by the time we got home.  I was rushing around trying to change into my clothes, throw away the wrapping paper ect.. from opening the gifts we got to get in front of the television as quickly as possible.  All I could ever figure out was they were in my hand with some wrapping paper I tossed in my trash.   I was taking clothes, jewelry and putting things away all at the same time.

Never found them.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I had one of those Gucci bracelet watches with the interchangable bezels that I threw away with the Thanksgiving day newspaper (the big one with all the ads for Black Friday).  Got sick of the pile on the coffee table and literally ran it out quickly just as the garbage truck was coming down the alley.

Didn't like the watch enough to replace it, though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just last week ,i looked for a manual can opener, i use ,could not find it any where.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I know there have been many things over the years.  But the most recent was the drip pan to my George Foreman Grill.  I bought it about 5 or 6 yrs ago on QVC, and its is an extra wide one.  I went searching on the net and found only one that fits, its 18" long.  It was $29.00!  So I just use a cookie sheet under the grill.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Checks & money, and more than once.

Esteemed Contributor

I think I threw away a set of keys about six months ago - house keys and car key fob on the ring.  I came home and rushed to take one last bag of trash from the kitchen to the big can outside.  I think I must have still had the keys in my hand and dropped them into the big trash can along with the trash bag.  About an hour later I discovered my keys were missing, but the garbage truck had already come and gone.  The keys never showed up, so the trash can is the only explanation.  A new key fob is mucho expensive due to the electronics inside.  An expensive mistake.☹️

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett